United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a financial genius by any stretch of the imagination but the rags are going to really fall foul the same way the top 3 Spanish clubs have before very long.

I keep hearing from their followers that they are ultimately a "Going concern" and can service their debts, how true is this in the long run?

I agree with this.

If anything it's the games where the opposition allow them to have a lot of possession that they often seem to fail to win, most of the rag wins come when they're getting played off the park for most of the game and then they just hit on the break.
City fans feel this because they did us a couple of times last season, but it's a bit of a myth from the 19-20 season. Their form against the "big six" last year was as average as their form everywhere else: 11 points, 2 wins, 5 draws, 3 losses and a goal difference of -3, not to mention dropping out of Europe at the first hurdle. Even in 19-20, where that myth comes from, there are lots of variables (Lampard's Chelsea, Spurs sacking their manager and all their players having a point to prove against a Mourinho Spurs a few weeks after he'd been brought in, us losing home and away to them).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.