United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
City fans feel this because they did us a couple of times last season, but it's a bit of a myth from the 19-20 season. Their form against the "big six" last year was as average as their form everywhere else: 11 points, 2 wins, 5 draws, 3 losses and a goal difference of -3, not to mention dropping out of Europe at the first hurdle. Even in 19-20, where that myth comes from, there are lots of variables (Lampard's Chelsea, Spurs sacking their manager and all their players having a point to prove against a Mourinho Spurs a few weeks after he'd been brought in, us losing home and away to them).
I wasn't particularly referring to their games against the big 6... plenty of supposed 'lesser' teams play them off the park but get sucker punched with goals/pens on the break.

Given the Glaizers announcement that they are placing 9.5M of their shares on the secondary market I thought it might be useful to clarify a few points :
ManUre "A" Shares ( 43.3M paid up and issued )
Same par value as the "B" shares i.e. $0.0005 or to put it another way 2000 to the $ ( see below ! )
Same Dividend as the "B" Shares (£10M in total -last accounting year - £24M previous year )
ONE vote per share ( against TEN for the "B" Shares )
These "A" shares are traded on the NASDAQ and the price ( varies minute to minute ) is the one quoted in these posts
The Glazers owned 5% of these A shares ( they have to convert their "B" shares to "A" shares to sell them )
60% of the "A" shares are owned by ( just ) 3 entities -Baron / Lindsell / Massachusetts
ManUre "B" Shares ( 119.7M paid up and issued )
Par value- as above
Dividend- as above
TEN Votes per share - the Glaizer Family wholly control the "B" shares and so retain almost total control
As above - to sell their "B" shares they must convert them to "A" shares ( and so diluting their voting power)

Sorry that this is so technical and I'm no expert but I add a few (personal) observations in the hope that I might generate a few more informed comments as to what the Glaizer's intentions might be ( bless them ! )
(1) The par value is crucial to understanding the Glaizers : their capital input into ManUre is a mammoth £59,000!
Man City Shares have a par value of £1 and the good Sheikh's capital input into Man City is £1,316,000,000 (Compare!)
(2) There really aren't many shareholders in ManU and one can assume that the above mentioned Baron/Lindsell work closely with the Glaizers to maintain the price. Who are Baron/Lindsell . To quote the last auditeds " almost 100% of the shares are owned by (just) 3375 US Shareholders"
(3) The share price - in truth, is of little significance in calculating the value of ManU PLC. The Company has a huge 3rd party debt burden ( unlike City ) and needs to spend a billion on a modern stadium. The value of the club is dependent on what someONE will pay for it. The Glaizers have considered "floating" ManU on the HongKong and the London stock market and ditched the idea. It will be interesting to see where the above mentioned 9.5M shares end up.
(4) Apparently Sheikh Mansour was put off buying Arsenal because their ownership was to complex... so what about ManUre... are they really that attractive a proposition.
Anyway, all too boring, but I hope a few better informed observers can add their thoughts.
Finally, referring to the Rag's last full accounts : they now have 1,100,000,000 supporters / followers ( based on 54000 responses !! )

Last edited:
Piss-can time goes as far back as 92 with elephant man's 'cough' late, late late winner. Probably even earlier in that very season as Sky/FA were desperate for these twats to win the league that year.
I can still remember where I was, when I was listening to that commentary.

Many years later, I mentioned it to a Wednesday supporter, and he knew exactly what I was talking about.

Ronaldo is a killer for OGS. Any failure we will be pinned on OGS before their fans slowly realise that CR7 is bad news for their club.

Given the Glaizers announcement that they are placing 9.5M of their shares on the secondary market I thought it might be useful to clarify a few points :
Same par value as the "B" shares i.e. $0.0005 or to put it another way 2000 to the $ ( see below ! )
Same Dividend as the "B" Shares (£10M in total -last accounting year - £24M previous year )
These "A" shares are traded on the NASDAQ and the price ( varies minute to minute ) is the one quoted in these posts
The Glazers owned 5% of these A shares ( they have to convert their "B" shares to "A" shares to sell them )
60% of the "A" shares are owned by ( just ) 3 entities -Baron / Lindsell / Massachusetts
Par value- as above
Dividend- as above
TEN Votes per share - the Glaizer Family wholly control the "B" shares and so retain almost total control
As above - to sell their "B" shares they must convert them to "A" shares ( and so diluting their voting power)

Sorry that this is so technical and I'm no expert but I add a few (personal) observations in the hope that I might generate a few more informed comments as to what the Glaizer's intentions might be ( bless them ! )
(1) The par value is crucial to understanding the Glaizers : their capital input into ManUre is a mammoth £59,000!
Man City Shares have a par value of £1 and the good Sheikh's capital input into Man City is £1,316,000,000 (Compare!)
(2) There really aren't many shareholders in ManU and one can assume that the above mentioned Baron/Lindsell work closely with the Glaizers to maintain the price. Who are Baron/Lindsell . To quote the last auditeds " almost 100% of the shares are owned by (just) 3375 US Shareholders"
(3) The share price - in truth, is of little significance in calculating the value of ManU PLC. The Company has a huge 3rd party debt burden ( unlike City ) and needs to spend a billion on a modern stadium. The value of the club is dependent on what someONE will pay for it. The Glaizers have considered "floating" ManU on the HongKong and the London stock market and ditched the idea. It will be interesting to see where the above mentioned 9.5M shares end up.
(4) Apparently Sheikh Mansour was put off buying Arsenal because their ownership was to complex... so what about ManUre... are they really that attractive a proposition.
Anyway, all too boring, but I hope a few better informed observers can add their thoughts.
Finally, referring to the Rag's last full accounts : they now have 1,100,000,000 supporters / followers ( based on 54000 responses !! )
Is this good or bad ?
I'll wait till Prestwich Blue posts, with him I believe and he got me through those court days :-)

Par value- as above
Dividend- as above

Don't know what it all means but it's a like from me on effort alone...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.