United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the BBC website the Liverpool game today is "as big as ever." Is it me or is it the case that the more mediocre they become the more hype that seems to surround them? It's like the media is desperately willing them to recapture their former glories.
6th vs 3rd.

According to the BBC website the Liverpool game today is "as big as ever." Is it me or is it the case that the more mediocre they become the more hype that seems to surround them? It's like the media is desperately willing them to recapture their former glories.
The same way Sky keep plugging the United Vs Arsenal fixture by showing clips of Keane and Vieira.

Twenty fucking years ago........

I want the Rags to get relegated. If they can’t get relegated I want as much difference between their league position and their self-perceived status - as supported by a toady media - as a Big Club, as is possible to be. If they can’t get relegated, let them be Ashley-era Newcastle.

My dislike of the other lot is for entirely different reasons: their 1st XI are undeniably good at winning game after game, play to a plan, and, despite squad weaknesses caused by lack of investment and a manager who takes his occasion defeats with all the good Grace of a four-year old denied too much chocolate, are credible title contenders this year, and consistently our worthiest opponent in the last five years. The ‘This is Anfield’ sign over the tunnel they touch like a religious statue, the Kop flags waved with all the spontaneity of a round of applause after a speech by Fidel Castro, the fountain-pushing, the coach-bricking, the wall-collapsing, the bananas-at-John-Barnes, the ‘European Royalty’ banners, Jordan Henderson… all of that, and more, are reasons I despise the club - but I never had Liverpool fans ripping the piss out of me growing up, day in, day out, about how shit City were. My feelings towards their opponents are on a whole other level of dislike.

So come on, you bin-dipping lowlifes - get out and give the Rags a total twatting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.