United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a wee bar in Rhodes and hanging on the wall by the entrance was a rag scarf,I said to the owner is that the same as moving the dying patient to the bed nearest the ward door,despite the obvious lannguage barrier he had a good laugh.

He’s not a plastic Rag, he’s an actor playing the part of a United fan online for money. Mark Goldbridge isn’t even his name.

All true. I know his father in law. He stopped doing his previous job (something legal, I think) to do this full time. His father in law, a wonderful fella, is totally bemused by it all.

I have one particular rag mate who for most of ny life has taken the piss out of City. Some quite nasty and arrogant stuff over the years. Of course the last 10 years he has had plenty in return. Now he doesn't answer my texts, seems to have given up, he had a brief revival during Ffp, but now he has disappeared, Sent hin a few last night and this morning.

Don't think he has kept the faith, mard sod.

Pretty sure pep has a much better record at old Trafford than mancini did. We also lost to United fairly frequently under Mancini (including 3 last minute defeats) so I don’t know why this myth that pep doesn’t get the derby like Mancini did comes from tbh. The only time you could perhaps lay the blame at peps door was the 3 2 defeat at home where a win would have won the title. That day he rested a lot of starters but we should have been out of sight at half time poor finishing and bad referring cost us that day not pep Imo.

The way we play was perfect for united, they were most effective when they could sit deep and counter with pace but with the arrival of ronaldo they can no longer do this so I expect us to beat them fairly comfortably in a few weeks assuming ronaldo starts.

You can also add to that the 1-0 League Cup defeat at Old Toilet. 8000 blues there and a rag team there for the taking. To add insult to injury they went on to win the cup. A carbuncle on the face of the greatest reign in our club’s history. Oh Pep, please put these to the sword this time.

Pretty sure pep has a much better record at old Trafford than mancini did. We also lost to United fairly frequently under Mancini (including 3 last minute defeats) so I don’t know why this myth that pep doesn’t get the derby like Mancini did comes from tbh. The only time you could perhaps lay the blame at peps door was the 3 2 defeat at home where a win would have won the title. That day he rested a lot of starters but we should have been out of sight at half time poor finishing and bad referring cost us that day not pep Imo.

The way we play was perfect for united, they were most effective when they could sit deep and counter with pace but with the arrival of ronaldo they can no longer do this so I expect us to beat them fairly comfortably in a few weeks assuming ronaldo starts.
Mancini's record against United in derbies was P12, W5, D1, L6. Pep's is P14, W6, D2, L6.

Basically the same. Although in Mancini's time United were either better than us or level with us, whereas under Pep United have been either slightly worse or far worse than us and therefore the excuses don't really wash the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.