United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool has shown enough signs if weakness already, against us they were lucky, against Atletico Madrid lucky, at Brentford they conceded 3 , and even against the rags they showed defensive weakness , the rags had a few good opportunities.
Its that chavs that look more solid , I see them as our main competition this season. You take Salah out of Pool and they're not the same team. You take any player out of chav's team or out of ours and we can cope better with the absence than Pool can without Salah.

Chelsea didn’t impress me when we played them and I watched them against Brentford where they didn’t look great. Liverpool look the most clinical in front of goal between the two teams but Chelsea have the deeper squad. Going to be interesting until May.

Chelsea didn’t impress me when we played them and I watched them against Brentford where they didn’t look great. Liverpool look the most clinical in front of goal between the two teams but Chelsea have the deeper squad. Going to be interesting until May.
When has Chelsea ever been impressive ? Their whole plan is to not be impressive yet get the job done. So far they haven't lost points to small or mid table teams ,only lost points to us and pool, that's what gets you trophies.

Liverpool has shown enough signs of weakness already, against us they were lucky, against Atletico Madrid lucky, at Brentford they conceded 3 , and even against the rags they showed defensive weakness , the rags had a few good opportunities.
Its that chavs that look more solid , I see them as our main competition this season. You take Salah out of Pool and they're not the same team. You take any player out of chav's team or out of ours and we can cope better with the absence than Pool can without Salah.

We are not perfect, and you are still better than us by some distance (there's a reason pretty much nobody had us in the title race or winning the league this year--it was you Chelsea and the Rags in the top 3 slots virtually across the board). But I think our depth is a bit better than it's been recently. Or even if our depth is considered very bad, Klopp appears to be using (or trusting?) the squad a bit better, with strategic rests seen already.

Previously you'd never see Matip or Mane not starting a game when they were available.

Salah is on fire now. I think you take the best player from any team and they obvioiusly dip a bit or have to make adjustments, but I do agree some still think we're a one-man team.

We'll see--but your overall point that it's you and Chelsea as the top two teams is the general consensus anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.