United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ronaldo's agent has played a blinder , i suspect there has'nt been any contact at all with our club over this transfer , his alleged phone conversation with Pep and where he would fit in the team and other bullshit has been carefully fed to the media with the intention of giving the Rags no alternative but to sign him.
Not in a million years would Woody and the Duelling Banjo's brothers allow their yesteryear hero join their local neighbours , the Rags have been backed into a corner with the fear of the fake Ronaldo wearing a blue shirt and the wrath of their 659m fans.
MUFC the club that keeps on giving.
Yes, a classic Raiola sting. Whether he actually talked to Pep or City talked to Juve doesn't really matter, as long as the story is out there. There was never the slightest intention either by Ronaldo or his agent of signing for City. I doubt if Pep even wanted him.
A nice payday for player and agent.

Ronaldo's agent has played a blinder , i suspect there has'nt been any contact at all with our club over this transfer , his alleged phone conversation with Pep and where he would fit in the team and other bullshit has been carefully fed to the media with the intention of giving the Rags no alternative but to sign him.
Not in a million years would Woody and the Duelling Banjo's brothers allow their yesteryear hero join their local neighbours , the Rags have been backed into a corner with the fear of the fake Ronaldo wearing a blue shirt and the wrath of their 659m fans.
MUFC the club that keeps on giving.

Totally agree. I was slightly nervous when I heard he might be joining us earlier. He's past his best, he's a lot slower and he might not last 6 months in the Prem. While reading, I picked up this snippet:

"Lionel Messi is the only footballer to appear (in the top 10 scoring carts since 2010) every year. Cristiano Ronaldo was right there with him up until 2019, when he finished 14th overall."

Summed it up for me. He's a lot older than he was, older than any other current top striker and great fitness record or not, once you start slowing down...I think he might struggle. Think about it, Juve didn't sound that bothered that he was going and Real Madrid would apparently rather pay £140m for a player that only has a year left on his PSG contract than explore the possibility of taking him back.

You look at their potential front three and midfield and they look good. And then you remember they have slabhead and Ole at the wheel and suddenly all that comes to my head is camelgobs Leonardo meme from twitter earlier.

I honestly don't think they'd be resigning him if it was PSG and not us who were in talks. The whole thing smacks of desperation.

£480,000 a week on a position that they didn't need to strengthen and puts Greenwood's development back a peg. Madness.
Guardiola and Mourinho anyone?

They dance to our tune.....,.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.