United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aside from offering stupid wages (which they can't do forever) what have the rags got to offer a new signing ?
The training ground is outdated and they have little chance of winning the league or champs league in the foreseeable future.
The swamp needs millions spending on it which the Glazers don't want to do and that alone will put off any new buyer.
They have players on ridiculously expensive contracts so wont/can't leave which will put any decent manager off.
coming.
An ex manager that interferes in everything which pisses everyone else at the club off.

Even if I wanted to I could not think of one positive thing to say about them.

Great innit :-)
They are at a low ebb but they are still a huge football club that attracts huge crowds and interest.

They've been coasting for too long now they don't know what a work ethic is anymore.

Having the money to pick and choose who you want and who you don't want, having a manager and a chairman who controlled the Premier league, having a choice of which referees they would like and binning those they don't, having a media full of spineless sycophants who knew one word of criticism against the cartel leaders would mean instant dismissal. You have all that and you will get your own way every single time you play - no competition would be allowed to challenge you. That's what it was like for them under the pisscan, with Gill overseeing everything else to ensure the despot had his own way.

Fast forward to today. Things have changed, they do not rule the roost anymore: to a certain extent they are almost but not quite playing on the same level field as the rest of us, something they haven't had to do for decades and decades.

fights against adversity???
who would sign him and pay him that kind of wages?
hes just stayed there to pick up his money or surely if he wanted to play he could have gone down to championship and guaranteed a game every week with a wage reduction?
jones and shaw in squad? wow!!
there isnt one player in that team who would regularly make our match day squad
Upon reflection, you may well have a point.

Their friends in the media do them more harm than good, the constant hyperbole when they win a game or two, it's snakes and ladders for them, all this nonsense about the mythical United way

And their transfer policy seems to be just to try and get one over on City, and it's spectacularly failed one could almost suspect that City have been trolling them

Long may their downfall last

Man Utd are not destined to fail. I prefer steady as she goes gradual decline rather than collapse because a collapse ends in radical action. They will eventually get their managerial set up right. There's nothing to say the Glazer ownership is doomed to fail.

I think Utd fans are despondent right now because the odds are that Rangnick is not going to be successful and that they will have to make yet another change in the Summer. I think he might drop Ronaldo now. That is what I would do. Better to fail trying to implement the football you believe in than get sacked trying to compromise.

We probably came scarily close to a Utd upturn when they had a chance to appoint Conte but they missed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.