United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to think Everton was always a tough place to come away from with a win. Not this season. After watching United struggle against them, I'm sure we'll be taking an easy six points from them this season.

I’ve not watched loads of football other than City for a while but watched the 2 later games yesterday
I was shocked at how poor Everton’s passing was especially first half, they just couldn’t keep the ball
Might be because I’ve been watching City then watched Arsenal v Liverpool but yeah they looked awful

I’ve not watched loads of football other than City for a while but watched the 2 later games yesterday
I was shocked at how poor Everton’s passing was especially first half, they just couldn’t keep the ball
Might be because I’ve been watching City then watched Arsenal v Liverpool but yeah they looked awful
I think Everton have found they kept the ball better when they've deprived their own players of the ball ;-)

Everton were dire. There was an occasion near the end when they were pushing for an equaliser. (I used the term 'pushing for' in its loosest possible context). They had two players near each other on the left wing, and the one without the ball was not showing to receive a pass. Every other attacker and midfielder just waited in the penalty area for a cross, which astonishingly, United couldn't prevent.

I just thought any half-competent team would have given the wide player a few more build up options. If this is Lampard's level of coaching, then there's not much hope for him other than the England job or the Phil Neville coaching trajectory.

I realise this is the United thread, so to avoid being too far off topic, they were dreadful also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.