United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going back further, was Busby respected by City fans in the 40’s/50’s/60’s/70’s? Anyone?
Before my time.
Yes, but only up to a point, there was always some slight reservation, dont know why. When we won the title under Joe, Busby was one of the first to ring and congratulate him. Of course, he captained city before going to Liverpool.

Going back further, was Busby respected by City fans in the 40’s/50’s/60’s/70’s? Anyone?
Before my time.

He was by many although there was a ditty I recall which included….

If you want more of that
Sir matt busby is a twat

There wasn't anyone near him when he did it. As you say showing total disrespect, we'd have got murdered in the media if one of ours did that...... and rightly so
We did get murdered when Mario did similar in a fucking pre-season friendly against LA Galaxy and Mancini hooked him straight away.

Anthony is like that guy who City used to have on at half time doing 2000 keepie uppies and balancing the ball on his nose but no chance of ever making it as a professional footballer unless the rags fall for it.

I would spend eternity creating time travel to watch the Antony spin performed in front of Gerry Gow
Imagine doing that in front of someone like Mike Doyle, Tommy Smith, Norman Hunter (or a few of his other Leeds teammates). He'd be on his way to Jupiter now.

Imagine doing that in front of someone like Mike Doyle, Tommy Smith, Norman Hunter (or a few of his other Leeds teammates). He'd be on his way to Jupiter now.
I was a full back, if he did it in front of me he'd be going to the fucking hospital and I wouldn't even wait around to be shown the red card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.