United Thread - 2022/23

Jack74

Given that Brentford offered him a way back into the game after his terrible experiences last summer, I think he should repay the faith they showed in him by taking up a new contract with the Bees.

However, I am all too aware that loyalty is very far from a two-way street in football.

Get your point, but am just in it for the pisstake.

M18CTID

His "not in my lifetime" comment was made in answer to the question " can you ever see Manchester City starting in a derby as favourites"
Exactly. And as I keep saying, his comment was made in advance of the 4-3 derby defeat at The Swamp in 2009. It was literally just 4 months later that we started a derby as favourites - the League Cup semi-final first leg

Lovebitesandeveryfing

Did we get a penalty for either the first 2 incidents red card on Balotelli and assault on Richards? My memories shocking no wonder we sing it should've been 10.

Merlin puts a ball over the bar when it's genuinely easier to score. De Gea made a terrific save with his outstretched foot (I think from Dzeko). It could, without exaggeration, have been eight or nine.

Akira

Did we get a penalty for either the first 2 incidents red card on Balotelli and assault on Richards? My memories shocking no wonder we sing it should've been 10.
Anderson slamming into Richards and no penalty. The leeway Baconface got away with back in the days. Turns out referee intimidation can't stop you losing 1-6 and the title on goal difference.

Don't have an account?

Register now!
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.