United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be completely understandable if Brentford weren't willing to give Eriksen a new contact if he didn't prove to be physically wise. Brentford let him train with them for a couple of weeks before giving him game time. Brentford took a risk giving him a one year deal when nobody else was willing to take the chance with him. Personally if I was a Brentford fan I'd be pretty pissed off with Eriksen unless he was joining another club that was playing Champions League football and challenging for trophies.
So they let him train before deciding to offer him a contract that doesn't exactly sound a risk & although I'm only guessing, I would imagine there would have be clauses to protect Brentford.
What difference does leaving for ucl or a club challenging for trophies make when people are questioning his loyalty to Brentford.

So they let him train before deciding to offer him a contract that doesn't exactly sound a risk & although I'm only guessing, I would imagine there would have be clauses to protect Brentford.
What difference does leaving for ucl or a club challenging for trophies make when people are questioning his loyalty to Brentford.
Surely Brentford would have had themselves protected whilst offering Eriksens contract, No other club seemed willing to put themselves in a situation for Eriksen probably rightly so. Yes clubs would have had protection in contracts ect but the media would still have had a certain club hang out to dry if something bad had of came of it.
The loyalty part is obviously up for debate, He's 30yrs old most likely it's his last good contract. I could understand if he turned down Brentford to play his last years with a Champions League team or a club that will challenge for honours. He has obviously chose the Rags for his last big payday 3 year deal and probably getting 200k a week if not more...
I can see people's point of view it does seem like he's shafted Brentford after they've taken him on board, Then again he's probably thinking of his family and getting massive wages that he wouldn't get at Brentford.

Either way it's a sideways step he's taken, He'll be battling it out with Brentford for 12th place.

Surely Brentford would have had themselves protected whilst offering Eriksens contract, No other club seemed willing to put themselves in a situation for Eriksen probably rightly so. Yes clubs would have had protection in contracts ect but the media would still have had a certain club hang out to dry if something bad had of came of it.
The loyalty part is obviously up for debate, He's 30yrs old most likely it's his last good contract. I could understand if he turned down Brentford to play his last years with a Champions League team or a club that will challenge for honours. He has obviously chose the Rags for his last big payday 3 year deal and probably getting 200k a week if not more...
I can see people's point of view it does seem like he's shafted Brentford after they've taken him on board, Then again he's probably thinking of his family and getting massive wages that he wouldn't get at Brentford.

Either way it's a sideways step he's taken, He'll be battling it out with Brentford for 12th place.
I don't see what problem people have with Eriksen moving to United.
He fulfilled the contract he agreed with Brentford and now he's moving to a side that will be paying him a higher wage. He has his family and his future after football to think of.
Who can blame him?
I don't even think there is a loyalty issue here. People are just looking for a stick to beat him with.

That AndySmith1990 is a very perceptive fucker:

"They still haven’t come close to a treble."

Fucking moron!
There are one or two enlighten posters on there (surprisingly) who can see what is happening and how well City is run. Hopefully they don't tell utd about it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.