United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking Ill of your employer publicly is reasonable grounds for dismissal, especially when it can and will affect company reputation.

Can but it’s not black & white.

Clearly he wanted to go, they wanted him to go so it sounds like a good ground for a mutually beneficial parting of ways. It would be naive to leave the door open for a legal challenge which can affect the company reputation further.

Funny all the yank owners wanting out now with no super league and borrowing money in todays climate will cost a fortune! Oh and good excuse not invest!

Statement from the Glazers & United.

More via the link.

Manchester United plc (NYSE:MANU), one of the most successful and historic sports clubs in the world, announces today that the Company’s Board of Directors (the “Board”) is commencing a process to explore strategic alternatives for the club.

The process is designed to enhance the club's future growth, with the ultimate goal of positioning the club to capitalize on opportunities both on the pitch and commercially.

As part of this process, the Board will consider all strategic alternatives, including new investment into the club, a sale, or other transactions involving the Company.

There can be no assurance that the review being undertaken will result in any transaction involving the Company. Manchester United does not intend to make further announcements regarding the review unless and until the Board has approved a specific transaction or other course of action requiring a formal announcement.

They are ten years behind us and will never catch up.

Every time they make a stride, we just tweak our team to retain the gap.

Our infrastructure is unrivalled.

I say this every time they get a new manager - we all know they won’t be shit forever.

We enjoy it while it lasts and beating them to titles when they are well run (like Liverpool 2018-present) it will be even more fun than seeing them stagger around with Moyes and Ole etc.

I will always back Pep and our upper management against anyone with the same resources and personally I think beating a good, title challenging United side would only make Peps legacy greater.

Statement from the Glazers & United.

More via the link.

Manchester United plc (NYSE:MANU), one of the most successful and historic sports clubs in the world, announces today that the Company’s Board of Directors (the “Board”) is commencing a process to explore strategic alternatives for the club.

The process is designed to enhance the club's future growth, with the ultimate goal of positioning the club to capitalize on opportunities both on the pitch and commercially.

As part of this process, the Board will consider all strategic alternatives, including new investment into the club, a sale, or other transactions involving the Company.

There can be no assurance that the review being undertaken will result in any transaction involving the Company. Manchester United does not intend to make further announcements regarding the review unless and until the Board has approved a specific transaction or other course of action requiring a formal announcement.

All a smoke screen to get the fans of there back if the shit hits the fans on the pitch!

So dippers up for sale and now possibly the scum .Should be fun to see them both chasing the last oil well, or the last IT tech firm magnate to try and buy success . Purely guessing here but the way these two have suddenly come onto the market would seem to indicate they feel there is one buyer out there who would buy one them ,if only they can put enough powder and lipstick on to attract them before the other drops her knickers! As i said this should be fun .

Race to the bottom?

Funny all the yank owners wanting out now with no super league and borrowing money in todays climate will cost a fortune! Oh and good excuse not invest!
With the £ so poor in recent years on average if the Glazers were taking out £50 million a year that would be $75 million.
Now $50 million would be $59.4 million at today's rate.

It's far from straightforward. Anyone considering buying the rags will need to spend a shitload on the ageing stadium and also on improving the training facilities (according to Christine). Not to mention the issue of the huge debt. Plus upgrading the playing staff, which as we saw at the Etihad last month is pretty much 2nd rate as far as the big clubs go.

I’ve said a million times Utd was destined for a death spiral until the Glazers finally decided to sell. Now that day appears to be at hand. I’ve seen this kind of press release a few hundred times. The other “alternatives” they’re “exploring” are non-existent. They are selling.

They’ve looted the coffers, left them second tier competitively with a crumbling stadium, no youth program, a declining brand and an overlevered balance sheet. And yet I’m guessing someone will pay far above the odds for the “glamo(u)r” of owning this club.

In short, this has been a wildly successful LBO on every level.

I’ve enjoyed their decade of LOL comedy and their spoiled rotten fan base meltdown. And I’m enjoying this last great stage encore of their conquering hero melting into a pool of hair gel before everyone’s eyes.

But the bell is tolling now. They may not get better; they may get worse. But as long as the Glazers owned them, after Ferguson it was a 100% stone cold lock they were gonna get worse.

It was awfully fun while it lasted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.