United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve said a million times Utd was destined for a death spiral until the Glazers finally decided to sell. Now that day appears to be at hand. I’ve seen this kind of press release a few hundred times. The other “alternatives” they’re “exploring” are non-existent. They are selling.

They’ve looted the coffers, left them second tier competitively with a crumbling stadium, no youth program, a declining brand and an overlevered balance sheet. And yet I’m guessing someone will pay far above the odds for the “glamo(u)r” of owning this club.

In short, this has been a wildly successful LBO on every level.

I’ve enjoyed their decade of LOL comedy and their spoiled rotten fan base meltdown. And I’m enjoying this last great stage encore of their conquering hero melting into a pool of hair gel before everyone’s eyes.

But the bell is tolling now. They may not get better; they may get worse. But as long as the Glazers owned them, after Ferguson it was a 100% stone cold lock they were gonna get worse.

It was awfully fun while it lasted.
They can’t be that attractive to buy as an investment though currently?

The EPL won’t be on top forever and the ESL seems dead in the water.

The stadium, training ground, other infrastructure and team needs Billions of investment.

Add that the the crazy price the Glazers would want and it rules most people out.

Last edited:
But that’s what he wanted. He can now go to a team with no fee meaning a club can afford his wages (though they’ll be high). It’s a media spin because rags are the losers not Ronaldo
I think the bloke just wants to score as many goals as possible to cement his legacy. He was struggling at the rags, so will go somewhere easier to score goals, maybe in the CL too.

Reactions: CC1
I think the bloke just wants to score as many goals as possible to cement his legacy. He was struggling at the rags, so will go somewhere easier to score goals, maybe in the CL too.
Who is going to pay the wages he is demanding is what I'm struggling to fathom?

The news that the rags and the scousers are both for sale demonstrates beyond any doubt that the long term vision of the respective American owners was always the super league, which would have been a monstrosity. The fact they are now bailing out means hopefully it is over for ever as an idea.
In terms of who buys either of them, it is an interesting proposition, as they are both hugely overpriced, with stadiums needing massive development, average or ageing squads, etc. The better long term investments are much cheaper clubs with huge room for improvement and growth, like we were, like Newcastle and arguably Leeds or Everton. I just hope that they both get bought by the very worst type of dodgy owners and we can happily watch the angst of the deluded and entitled glory hunters as they become ever more irrelevant.
They’re up for sale because the yanks can’t see big profit in them without the ESL.

That pretty much rules out all US owners, bar some dick like Musk with delusions of ego and grandeur.

Where does that leave both clubs? With yank owners wanting to sell, but can’t? You can’t see much investment happening whilst that happens.

So, then both clubs are looking eastwards, to potential “Sportswashing” owners. That may make them competitive again, but they lose their “moral high ground”.

Hopefully the Sheikhs hold their bids for a while. Get the yanks to lower their asking prices as their infrastructure decays further.

It is a myth.
Taggart is frequently referred to as the best manager of all time, bollocks !!
All they ever did during his reign was buy everyone's best players, like Van Persie, Rooney, Cole etc etc etc...the list is huge. (even tried to buy Shearer).

How can anyone forget the 2011 CL final. When Pep's Barca absolutely outplayed Taggarts team. Played them off the Wembley park.
Pep Gave the old piss can a humiliating footballing lesson that night. Best ever manager my arse.
you've missed bullying all the refs web clatenbergh and co

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.