United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is about the rag sale in the business section of the BBC....

Buyers from the Middle East​

There have been a few high-profile takeovers of European clubs from investors linked to sovereign nations.
Manchester United's rivals Manchester City are owned by the Abu Dhabi United Group, while Newcastle United have recently been taken over by a consortium led by Saudi Arabia's Public Investment Fund.
Paris Saint-Germain are owned by Qatar Sports Investments and there may be other Gulf nations interested in Manchester United.
Football finance expert Mr Maguire told the BBC there were countries in the region that have "access to funds that could be used" to meet the Glazers' high price.
However, as widely reported, such deals can lead to moral and ethical dilemmas for supporters.

Widely reported yes, but true?....No
We are partly owned by…..Newton Investments, not ADUG any more. I still dont know whether ADUG has just changed its name or has transferred the CFG assets to Newton, leaving ADUG with other assets.

True to a point , not disagreeing with anything. But Citys owners wanted us for the whole package , to work with the council to re-gen the area, to get in roads into new york and do the same there etc etc
I think, with us , the football club is kinda a by product, succesful team, bit of prestige whilst making billions alongside it
We were the key to unlocking the door to huge property development opportunities and other civil engineering projects….… Wait…No, we were the vehicle for sportswashing, profit didn’t come into it.

We were the key to unlocking the door to huge property development opportunities and other civil engineering projects….… Wait…No, we were the vehicle for sportswashing, profit didn’t come into it.
This is what 99% of foitball fans dont get, and why we will sail off onto the distance when it comes to income… no one gets it!!

PSG were bought for around £50m if my google sources are correct
We were bought for £210m
Newcastle £305m

Good investments and the clubs will all be worth a lot more now

Would be hard to say the same when a club is valued at 5 or 6 billion!

Also how much do the united fans who are wanting new owners want to spend in the transfer market? Given that they’ve spent well over a billion in the past year and not get very far with it

We are partly owned by…..Newton Investments, not ADUG any more. I still dont know whether ADUG has just changed its name or has transferred the CFG assets to Newton, leaving ADUG with other assets.

With this and the intermediate holding for MCFC I can't help wondering if the owner is tidying up some structural issues to remove some questions about ownership, maybe to do with the PL investigation? May be nothing to do with that, of course.

With this and the intermediate holding for MCFC I can't help wondering if the owner is tidying up some structural issues to remove some questions about ownership, maybe to do with the PL investigation? May be nothing to do with that, of course.
We don’t know quite what is happening. CFG Midco is for what?

We don’t know quite what is happening. CFG Midco is for what?

True. And potentially important. Maybe some intermediary shareholdings to do with the campus/stadium/collar site developments? People who want a piece of the MCFC action without all the other CFG stuff? Entertainment companies perhaps?

Interesting that the Chinese investors aren't directors in Midco. Space for a few more?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.