United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hilarious article of the BBC about how Casemiro became the best midfielder in the world by scoring against Switzerland. They don't help themselves, do they!

I bet Real Madrid are kicking themselves at letting the best midfielder in the world go,leaving them with only Modric, Carmavinga,Tchouameni and Kroos.
I find it even funnier that the world's best player is ripping up the world cup. If the press praise him anymore the rags will re-sign him, especially as he's on a free.

Hilarious article of the BBC about how Casemiro became the best midfielder in the world by scoring against Switzerland. They don't help themselves, do they!

I bet Real Madrid are kicking themselves at letting the best midfielder in the world go,leaving them with only Modric, Carmavinga,Tchouameni and Kroos.
Mr Bluetonium, that's as effective a midfield demolition as a certain diminutive Spaniard on the shits over a number of years! Ouch. ;-)))

Many united fans are living in an alternative world to us when it comes to their team.

I've tried to point out to them;

Its most likely due the size of the club if they are sold, they could be sold off as different business units.

its likely the clubs value will be used a leverage to finance any deal.

its possible a future stadium or renovated swamp will be financed by selling future revenue streams.

any deal is likely to take a long time.

I see they are linked with Christian Pulisic, Enzo Fernandez and Cody Gakpo now...

How many more before the World Cup ends?

Anything to generate clicks from the hordes...

Arguably, the Rags are victims of their own (past) success.

They will not be a cheap buy. And I think their fans (and LFC's) would ideally like a clean-handed billionaire who is also a philanthropist to the extent that he will not want a return on his billions of investment, but will happily allow all profits to go into team building. (And in the Rag's case, stadium building and training-ground building.)

I have news for them. Such a being does not exist on this earth. And Jim Ratcliffe, in particular, is the definition of a hard-headed businessman who did not get rich by giving vast sums away. (£500 in an envelope for charity maybe, but you can bet he claims tax relief. Or did, when he actually paid tax.)

As much as I hate the Rags, it seems that things are turning around for them.

They've got a manager with spine, got rid of that narcissist Ronaldo, apparently signed Gakpo, and may possibly even rid themselves of their incompetent owners (the Glazers have put the club up for sale).

The RAGs honestly believe that the new owners will spunk billions because they won a treble in 99. The RAGs believe that, as they have some history, rich individuals will spend billions on them and not expect a return. They believe that a rich individual will buy them a new stadium as a romantic gesture because they need one. They believe they will be signing Mbappe and god knows who else as they were relevant 10 years ago.

The reality is the Glazers will sell to the highest bidder who will ultimately overpay for a broken giant and expect a huge return which means money will be tight. These new owners, hopefully yanks, will strangle the Trafford rats until every penny has gone. It will be painful, not romantic and certainly not a goose laying a golden egg.

The RAGs now resemble betamax video, black and white tvs, iPods and CDs. At a point in history they were the best, now they are old, dated and nobody cares about them at all. Replacing these after their competition has moved on will take years and be very painful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.