United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
In talks to sign Jack Butland.

You know the ex England international who hasn't played regular first team football for almost 5 years
That is a smokescreen to force DeGea to take a pay cut. The goalkeeper who couldn't get in Spains world cup squad of 50, possibly being replaced by a goalkeeper who couldn't get in anyone's squad (but he's cheaper)

cant believe these twats are only a point behind us!

Yeah think there going to be top four so after 16 games it will be close we could lose draw tonight and they go above us tomorrow but be still a long long way to go! Some fans clubs won’t understand the amount of games that are cramped in till the end of the season! It’s going to be a very close tight top four especially with 3 other teams who expect hope to get top four!

I’d settled for winning just the champs league and then not arsed where we finish in the league..

On what metric are you basing that on? Possession? Forward passes? Shots on target?

Third most effective football possibly yes purely in terms of obtaining results, but sitting back defending in numbers, absorbing lots of pressure then hoofing it upfield for one of the fast lads upfront to nick a goal on the break against the run of play doesn't necessarily qualify as 'good' football.

They played good football last game but I agree they don’t always. They do grind out results though.

My post wasn’t praising their football per se but more their results. Their style of play isn’t to my taste but neither was Chelsea’s when they won the league under conte. Regardless, they need to be taken seriously - like it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.