United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have this annoying habit of signing one player (amongst all the shite they've signed) every few years that carries them over the line.
Van Persie in 2013.
Ibrahimovic in whatever year he signed
Fernandes with his immediate signing
Now Casemiro. They were all crying last week as he'd miss the Arsenal game. They lost. Now they beat ''Paul Ince's Reading'' and he scores twice and is a worldie!
I never looked at it like that. Agreed. But I suppose if you sign enough hollywood players one of them will be good

I never looked at it like that. Agreed. But I suppose if you sign enough hollywood players one of them will be good
There is good and there is actually carrying them.
No way would they have won the title in 2013 without Van Persie.
The immediate impact Fernades had on them was something I'd never seen before - one player completely transforming the whole outlook of the team and made Ole look like a managerial genius in coming 2nd.
Mourinho bought Ibrahimovic at what? 38? And we laughed. He was almost Cantona-esq in style and attitude and they won the League Cup and Europa league.
They could do the same this year with Casimero.

They are still shite tho.

Well as I've said.. the difference in McTominay to Casemiro is the difference in Philips to Rodri.

He's massively improved them. Good thing is he's going to be 31 next month so he's at his peak at the moment.

I mean Real sold him for a reason after 5 CL's.

How long will be at this peak after the league adjusts to him?

Why did Madrid even agree to sell that fat faced **** to them? Madrid have enough money and prestige to keep anyone surely.

Why did Madrid even agree to sell that fat faced **** to them? Madrid have enough money and prestige to keep anyone surely.
They didn’t want him. Watch that CL semifinal second leg from last season - Casemeiro was the main reason we were going through because they had no control in midfield while he was on the pitch because he was doing fuck all (apart from fouling our players).

They took him off for Camavinga and the game changed. They immediately had more energy and started gaining some control in midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.