United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the problem was that Greenwood's partner was unwilling to testify. So as long as the defence team could come up with some remotely plausible excuse for the incident, there would be no grounds to pursue the case.
And, sadly, this is extremely common in domestic violence cases. In fact, it is not uncommon for the first violent offence charge for a domestic abuser to be manslaughter/murder as those most often cannot be refuted. Or for the abusee to be charged with manslaughter/murder when they take matters in to their own hands after their families and/or the legal system have failed them.

It is a tragic state of affairs and, despite various attempted reforms to improve the situation, the nature of domestic abuse (whereby those being abused often act against their own long-term self-interest because of fears of grave short-term--and even possible long-term--consequences) makes it very difficult to resolve. It is especially challenging because the culture of domestic abuse (i.e. parents of those being abused protecting the abuser because they themselves committed or allowed domestic abuse) often insulates abusers, as I think it did in this case from what I have read.

It is sometimes difficult for those that have never experienced domestic abuse to understand how difficult it is to not only imagine an escape from it but act on a plan to manage that escape.

It is all infuriating and I feel for the woman.

What a stupid idiot that girl is.
That is very, very harsh.

See my post above. And I would encourage you read about the psychological abuse and control an abuser (and their cohorts) often excert over an abusee. Police have even been complicit in it in certain cases (intentionally and unintentionally).

It can be incredibly difficult for abusees to believe they can escape the abuse or that they can be protected from the consequences of prosecuting the abuser.

I'm not saying all our players and ex players are angels,but in the past some of them have come to justice for whatever the crimes were. But this shit stain of a club really takes the fucking biscuit! From Edwards to Blackmore, then Family man to Slabhead etc etc etc now this bullying little rat! You know behind the scenes the authorities, the media, the fa, in fact anybody with any clout have all colluded in getting these bastards off the hook. It doesn't matter what this rabble of shite get up too, they'll always be beyond reproach. I FUCKING DESPISE

Wonder if he really is genuine as I'm thinking back to that Giggs tweet.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230202-182913_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230202-182913_Chrome.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 174
Unreal, that poor girl, she needs her family to do what is right for her rather than what is happening now, horrific how some peoples parents care more about material things.

They surely cant be trying to find a way to let him back in the squad again?

And as for Gary Neville….

If they ( and by they, I mean everyone - United, the media, the rest of the league...) allow him to step a foot anywhere near a pitch, I'll stop watching the PL altogether. And I mean this 100%. This case is so public and the evidence is so strong and disturbing, it would be sick, twisted, deviant and fucked up beyond all belief to allow him back.

And btw, Gary Neville deserves to burn in the deepest depths of hell!
I wonder what the rag ladies team have to say about this? Or maybe I should say WOULD like to say about this? Wasn't there a Scottish ladies team that managed to stop an alleged rapist from playing for the men's team?

Someone just told me that they are still together??

Suppose you can't really prosecute someone when their chief witness is still sleeping in the defendants bed every night.

You put 2 teenagers in a 3 million pound mansion, with Lamborghini's and dropping 100k on jewellery and clothes like it's nothing, then expect the outcome to be normal? It just creates privileged monsters.

Many young footballers go to those private basement parties in Dubai, where you leave your phone at the door and all secrets stay buried. Trafficked girls from Eastern Europe are passed around like sweets. Then they come back here to the UK and think they can do the same. Like it's normal behaviour. Because they are rich and famous.

It's a trend that is pretty sickening. The senior pro's need to step in give them a kick in the bollocks.
They are together.
He was charged with Coercive and Controlling Behavior.
I think that might be the reason rather than the house and the car.

Oh and a wanker of a dad helps the control.

Didn't see this coming from her Dad's initial statement. What an absolute piece of shit.

FKXKwBFXwAMVwx0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.