United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this stage many United fans are convincing themselves how it is beneficial for humanity if a Conservative Dictatorship owns United (but not City/PSG/Newcastle/hosting WC).

From United forum:
Since he is a fan and filthy rich, now whatever its worth, Qatar takeover is fine with me.

All the whitewashing projects took a relatively unknown team to glory, but the level of scrutiny that comes with Manchester United football club might end up benefiting Qatar as well and improve some of the things that needs correction. If not then there is nothing else we can do anyway.

Do they think Islamic Jurisprudence, which has existed for almost 1,400 years is going to make major accommodations just because Conservative Muslims own a football club in a White Christian country? Do they believe that Islamic philosophy (which has fought to exist for 1,400 years) is really that weak? Isn't this subconscious racism?

Just to clarify: I'm grateful to live in an open, democratic society but I believe that every country should be allowed to do what they want inside their own country. Don't like it, then stop all trade/interaction.

Most of their supporters are pure hypocrites regarding the ownership issue, as their main wish is simply to see the rags being able to attract and buy the best players in the market and to win as many trophies as possible.

They are not interested in the style of football, but simply want to be able to claim the bragging rights of being connected to the biggest club in the world.

Just like the dipper fans, their " principles " will disappear like snowflakes in the sun if a very rich buyer simply ploughs in the cash.

GGMU

At this stage many United fans are convincing themselves how it is beneficial for humanity if a Conservative Dictatorship owns United (but not City/PSG/Newcastle/hosting WC).

From United forum:

Do they think Islamic Jurisprudence, which has existed for almost 1,400 years is going to make major accommodations just because Conservative Muslims own a football club in a White Christian country? Do they believe that Islamic philosophy (which has fought to exist for 1,400 years) is really that weak? Isn't this subconscious racism?

Just to clarify: I'm grateful to live in an open, democratic society but I believe that every country should be allowed to do what they want inside their own country. Don't like it, then stop all trade/interaction.
One of the reasons HRH bought City was to try to "westernise" the attitudes of his compatriots.

One of the reasons HRH bought City was to try to "westernise" the attitudes of his compatriots.
I'm sure ... but is it to the tune of having women dress up "freely", "casual dating", "open alcohol", etc?
It doesn't matter - Qatar/UAE should be permitted to liberalize to the level they feel like and not held to a Western standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.