United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's the end of City being able to outbid Utd for any player. What will work in City's favour now will be the club philosophy, Pep, academy and training facilities and probably most importantly security and no leaking of information around transfer targets. It seems pretty good already so not too worried about that. I think Utd have realised that ffp is in the bin and all those charges will not keep City down. So they had to get some new owners. The glazers will rip the Saudi's off but neither party will be arsed.

I agree - its a whole process not just money - I mean the Glazers have thrown money about on marquee players and big name managers whilst running the club down. You can't buy them on Friday and have it all fixed by Monday.

I think it's the end of City being able to outbid Utd for any player. What will work in City's favour now will be the club philosophy, Pep, academy and training facilities and probably most importantly security and no leaking of information around transfer targets. It seems pretty good already so not too worried about that. I think Utd have realised that ffp is in the bin and all those charges will not keep City down. So they had to get some new owners. The glazers will rip the Saudi's off but neither party will be arsed.
We don't go into bidding wars anyways. Nothing changes in that respect.

A lot of tugging going on at Sly Sports News this evening.

No surprise, he’s a lifelong United supporter.(arf!)

’There will be a new stadium’.

"He is the chairman of one of the biggest banks in Qatar. QIB bank. He was also on the board of Credit Suisse, a big Swiss bank. I'm being told he's a lifelong Manchester United supporter and that the club will be owned - if he wins the right to buy Man Utd - through a foundation called the Nine Two Foundation, named after the Class of 92.

"His vision for the club, I'm being told, is an emphasis on youth and also on putting money and investment into both the men's team and women's team. He wants to redevelop Old Trafford. There will be a new stadium, a redevelopment of the whole area around Old Trafford, and crucially - and this is very important for Manchester United fans - this deal, if he buys the club, will be totally debt free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.