United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who's the more difficult fixtures they've played? They've played all the big ens at home bar Chelsea.

I’m happy to discuss mate.
I’m not saying that there’s a lot in it but IMO it’s mainly that they’ve played the Arse twice already, we still have them to play again, and they’ve played Southampton away while we played them at home.
Beyond that it’s similar, we both play the dippers away, we both play Chelsea at home, both play Brighton away, both play Leicester at home, both play West Ham at home, both play Forest away etc.

Last edited:
I fail to see how new ownership will improve United. They're already spending 80/90/100 million on players. It's not like they've lacked investment. And we've all seen at Chelsea who buying 35 players in a window isn't guaranteed success.

I think it could take them a couple years to get back on their feet and challenging seriously, by which time, I think ten Haag will have gone to Barca

Oh well it was good whilst it lasted. I'm going to make the most of this season as it will be the last at the top.

Many years ago I was on a stag do and met a few lads who I didn’t know previously. One of them was overtly racist, and proud of it, he said “I’ve nothing in common with bleep, bleep, bleep” he made it clear he wouldn’t have anything to do with non white, non English culture.

It was a different era compared to today, but I was still shocked by his attitude. Come the end of the night we were in a nightclub and for the FOC’s they played the Gap Band’s “Oops inside your head” whose members were black African Americans. The “dance” to that song was to sit down on the Dance Floor and simulate being in a rowing boat, it was huge fun and everyone did it at the time. The racist prick who hated non whites was right there on the dance floor rowing away to a black band’s song, the agenda suits, when it suits, I hope he’s matured over the years, never seen him since.
I remember the louis theroux doc where he was meeting white right wing south africans and it ended with him meeting the then racist leader eugene terre blanche. Terre blanch spent the whole time being overtly racist as you can imagine, comparing black people to apes etc.
Theroux did what theroux did best, let the fat prick ramble on before bring out terre blanches record collection that had such artists as donna summers, the four seasons, and such bands .
Of course terre blanche said they were ok as tbey were good singers. :))

Stupid is as stupid does

Apologies, but check out 3mins 40secs, only takes a couple of minutes. What a complete tawt !

That jim bloke says ' he wants to put Manchester back into utd ? Fuck me they arent moving into our City are there. Or does he mean Manchester in the usa lol

I can see the highlighted bit but I can’t see anything in there that anyone wouldn’t be sure about?

You highlighted : -

Premier League and that shows them being 5 points behind us having played more difficult fixtures to date.

Well for the first part of your highlighting; the rags and us have played the same number of games, I’m sure of that are you not?
And they’re on 46 points while we’re on 51 . . I‘m sure that makes them 5 points behind us, are you not sure about that?

Regards the second part of your highlighting; the difficulty of their fixtures to date compared to our, well ok that’s subjective to a degree.
To me the differences are that they’ve played the Arse twice and we’ve played them once, they’ve played Southampton Away and we’ve played them at home. Beyond that it’s pretty damn similar but, in my consideration they’ve played more difficult fixtures than us to date.
I draw that general conclusion because it looks to me that the average league placing of the teams that they have yet to play is lower than the average league placing of the teams that we have yet to play.
Ergo, they’ve played more difficult fixtures to date.

If you think differently then please describe why you think I’m wrong in thinking that - I’m always happy to hear another perspective but have little respect for contrary opinions that are thrown out without any supportive reasoning. Ta
You need to have a sit down and relax mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.