United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
The disdain shown by some fans in this country towards the ‘lesser’ of the major trophies is simply stupid behaviour. The ‘it’s a Micky Mouse trophy anyway’ crowd within every set of fans used to either mock other clubs for being in it or after they’ve been knocked out makes people look daft. The FA Cup, EFL Cup and Europa League are all cracking trophies to win. The Europa League would stand proudly in our trophy room if we ever won it as just our second ever piece of European silverware.

Christ look at Roma fans and players and Mourinho after they won the Europa Conference last season. They were buzzing with hundreds of thousands of their fans out for the parade.

City haven’t even won the UEFA Cup/Europa League in our history, never mind the Champions League, and we mock other teams because they’re in that competition? That’s not right for me. Playing in and never winning a competition like us in the CL gives us no real brag over anyone about the Europa League. If we’d won both of those trophies maybe we’d have an argument but since we haven’t it makes us look a bit silly.

United fans used to do exactly the same thing; singing ‘Thursday nights on Channel 5’ at clubs because they were in the UEFA Cup/Europa League. How silly do their fans look now they’re buzzing they’ve won in the Ro32 in that very same competition?

And it’s likely that after Pep leaves, we will be overtaken in the league and we might not qualify for the CL every season like we do now and could have a number of years in the next few decades in the Europa League and I hope we go on to win it every season we find ourselves in it.
Maybe we would have won it if we hadn't been quite good enough to make top 4 or get out of the champions league group over the past 10 years.
We haven't won league 2 either - I wouldn't be claiming it as a major success if we did.

Maybe we would have won it if we hadn't been quite good enough to make top 4 or get out of the champions league group over the past 10 years.
We haven't won league 2 either - I wouldn't be claiming it as a major success if we did.
And this. Lets finish outside the top 4 or come 3rd in our group and we will most likely win it.
Clubs like Porto, Brugge, Benfica etc could easily not finish 1st/2nd in their group and drop to Europa, but they don't. They celebrate getting into the CL knockouts instead of having a proper go at winning the Europa.

Not necessarily a bad thing. We tend to address what we need in terms of signings better in our worst seasons than when we do well.

The mere suggestion of a possibility of us finishing below the rags this season should be giving the Board sleepless nights.

Someone hit the nail on the head earlier today when they suggested that we 'switched off' when we were leading 6-1 in the derby this season, and haven't switched back on since.

We've gone from sensational to shaky in a few months. Meanwhile, those bastards have got themselves on a roll.

I really couldn't care less if Arsenal win the PL this season, I really don't care if we win the CL and/or FA Cup, but if we finish below the rags, I'll be more pissed off than ever before.

We may be second and still well in the running for a treble, but based on our post-Etihad derby performances, we don't deserve to win anything this season.

Finishing below the rags this season should be completely unacceptable for all City fans. That really should be the bottom line for the Board.

The mere suggestion of a possibility of us finishing below the rags this season should be giving the Board sleepless nights.

Someone hit the nail on the head earlier today when they suggested that we 'switched off' when we were leading 6-1 in the derby this season, and haven't switched back on since.

We've gone from sensational to shaky in a few months. Meanwhile, those bastards have got themselves on a roll.

I really couldn't care less if Arsenal win the PL this season, I really don't care if we win the CL and/or FA Cup, but if we finish below the rags, I'll be more pissed off than ever before.

We may be second and still well in the running for a treble, but based on our post-Etihad derby performances, we don't deserve to win anything this season.

Finishing below the rags this season should be completely unacceptable for all City fans. That really should be the bottom line for the Board.

If we don’t win the league not arsed if we finish 2nd 3rd or 4th it makes not one bit off difference!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.