United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
24 year old Rashford, a guy whose memories will stretch back no further than a year or two before our takeover at most, is towing the "there's no history with City" line. Throughout his childhood and early adult life we've been far more dominant than Liverpool and have had more title races involving us and united than they have with Liverpool. Thick as pig shit.
He would love to sign for City

24 year old Rashford, a guy whose memories will stretch back no further than a year or two before our takeover at most, is towing the "there's no history with City" line. Throughout his childhood and early adult life we've been far more dominant than Liverpool and have had more title races involving us and united than they have with Liverpool. Thick as pig shit.
Maybe he should worry about the state of his own team and his own shite performances before giving it the biggun.

Extraordinary thing about Ferdinand. He's managed to make everyone forget — he might even have forgotten it himself — that he's got nothing whatsoever to do with the city of Manchester (nor even Greater Manchester, since we know that Man U are not in the city). No family ties, no experience of the place prior to being sold to United. He was a professional footballer fully seven years before joining the rags. And indeed he briefly played back in London at the end of his career (QPR). He appears to have no affection for West Ham or sense of ties to the club, despite the fact that that is where he learnt how to be a footballer at the highest level. You can understand the bias of people like Neville and Scholes, up to a point (both of whom, to be absolutely fair, are harder on the current iteration of United from time to time than Ferdinand ever is as a tv commentator). Even Beckham was a lifelong cockney red, apparently, despite growing up in Leyton. But from an organic point of view, what the fuck has Ferdinand got to do with Manchester United? Why has he become the rah-rah cheerleader for that club?

Extraordinary thing about Ferdinand. He's managed to make everyone forget — he might even have forgotten it himself — that he's got nothing whatsoever to do with the city of Manchester (nor even Greater Manchester, since we know that Man U are not in the city). No family ties, no experience of the place prior to being sold to United. He was a professional footballer fully seven years before joining the rags. And indeed he briefly played back in London at the end of his career (QPR). He appears to have no affection for West Ham or sense of ties to the club, despite the fact that that is where he learnt how to be a footballer at the highest level. You can understand the bias of people like Neville and Scholes, up to a point (both of whom, to be absolutely fair, are harder on the current iteration of United from time to time than Ferdinand ever is as a tv commentator). Even Beckham was a lifelong cockney red, apparently, despite growing up in Leyton. But from an organic point of view, what the fuck has Ferdinand got to do with Manchester United? Why has he become the rah-rah cheerleader for that club?

The spotlight = ££££

Money, attention and box ticking

Is Ferdinand on the United payroll as an ambassador though? Might explain his very public bias.

Lescott is on ours for example.

Is Ferdinand on the United payroll as an ambassador though? Might explain his very public bias.

Lescott is on ours for example.

Well, I think there's a contradiction there. Even up to and including Joleon (are you sure he's an offical club ambassador, by the way? It's the first I've heard of it). To be fair, Joleon doesn't have anything like Ferdinand's prominence, and is fairly reticent about blowing City's trumpet other than when he's on with Nat Pike on the in-house commentary, which is an entirely different kettle of fish, of course.
I'm in a weak position here, because I don't have a subscription to Sky, BT or anyone else (other than City+!), but personally I find it tiresome when former players fight the corner of their previous club. I just don't need it. Nedum is to me an exemplary commentator — you can clearly feel his great affection for the club, but he just doesn't let it cloud his judgment. Weird to me that he hasn't been offered a major contract. I suppose he wasn't a big enough star as a footballer. Which is weird, because what you did out on the pitch in no way establishes fitness for purpose as a commentator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.