United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Extraordinary thing about Ferdinand. He's managed to make everyone forget — he might even have forgotten it himself — that he's got nothing whatsoever to do with the city of Manchester (nor even Greater Manchester, since we know that Man U are not in the city). No family ties, no experience of the place prior to being sold to United. He was a professional footballer fully seven years before joining the rags. And indeed he briefly played back in London at the end of his career (QPR). He appears to have no affection for West Ham or sense of ties to the club, despite the fact that that is where he learnt how to be a footballer at the highest level. You can understand the bias of people like Neville and Scholes, up to a point (both of whom, to be absolutely fair, are harder on the current iteration of United from time to time than Ferdinand ever is as a tv commentator). Even Beckham was a lifelong cockney red, apparently, despite growing up in Leyton. But from an organic point of view, what the fuck has Ferdinand got to do with Manchester United? Why has he become the rah-rah cheerleader for that club?
Is it because he is a ****?

And yet, sly have their lickspittle Andy Hinchcliffe as a commentator

Still annoys me when I think of that rant he gave after we beat Everton a couple of seasons back, when Raz didn’t tow the expected line of being offended by the tweet Bernardo had sent to Mendy.

It lasted for about 12 minutes and all he kept saying was “I’m offended” like he was trying to push the media narrative. No mention of the game or post match analysis.
That Sky post-match analysis was incredibly painful to watch. They even roped in Victor Anichebe as a guest pundit to state how disgusted he was about the tweet, and kept goading him for more outraged soundbites until he was literally pleading with Sky to change the topic, as he'd had enough of the hatchet job.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.