United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
So whoever buys the rag will have to pay off the debts, presumably? They'll need a bloody great big wallet to pay that and invest in restructuring the swamp, not to mention buying players - including Kane(pen) and Jude Bellingham, reportedly.

I shouldn't laugh, but fuck it, it's hilarious.

Rumoured to be another possible £1BN debt in the caymans as well!

Indeed, in posting profits of £6.3m for the quarter, United have also revealed sponsorship revenue has increased 43.2% to £50.4m over the prior quarter. The club said this was due to the impact of their training kit agreement with Tezos, plus a 'one-off sponsorship credit', which they have opted not to detail.

what the fuck is a one off sponsorship credit? A £1b in debt yet they spin it as ‘aren’t we doing well‘. Fuck off scum

So....the guy who wants to buy them is quoted as being worth approximately the scums debt. He could possibly pay off the debt but how could he then buy the club?
Ocean Finance?

To be honest I have had a rotten few days but, this has really given me a bit of a lift

Indeed, in posting profits of £6.3m for the quarter, United have also revealed sponsorship revenue has increased 43.2% to £50.4m over the prior quarter. The club said this was due to the impact of their training kit agreement with Tezos, plus a 'one-off sponsorship credit', which they have opted not to detail.

what the fuck is a one off sponsorship credit? A £1b in debt yet they spin it as ‘aren’t we doing well‘. Fuck off scum
How the fuck can they not detail a sponsorship deal, if I was the sponsor I would be demanding value for money and all the recognition I could get. It’s classed as sponsorship not a gift. Or have I grossly misunderstood this?

Interesting to compare the headlines trumpeting a profit for the last quarter to 31 Dec with the actual accounts.

Despite a £6.3m profit over the 3 months, their half-year loss is £20m, just over £3m up on the same period last year.

They've had to borrow an additional £100m to keep them going, as their revenue isn't covering their outgoings. Cash flow for the 3 months was a net outgoing of £62m from their operations, plus another near-£30m spent on players. They've got to have, or be close to having, serious cashflow issues, similar to ours in 2008. In other words, they're running out of cash.

No wonder the Glazers are desperate to sell.

Last edited:
Interesting to compare the headlines trumpeting a profit for the last quarter to 31 Dec with the actual accounts.

Despite a £6.3m profit over the3 months, their half-year loss is £20m, just over £3m up on the same period last year.

They've had to borrow an additional £100m to keep them going, as their revenue isn't covering their outgoings. Cash flow for the 3 months was a net outgoing of £62m from their operations, plus another near-£30m spent on players. They've got to have, or be close to having, serious cashflow issues, similar to ours in 2008. In other words, they're running out of cash.

No wonder the Glazers are desperate to sell.
Oh no! How sad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.