United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with the criticism of De Gea. 5 or 6 years ago he was okay(ish), nothing to get excited about, but naturally the media kept telling us all how sensational he was, how wonderful his skills were, the usual rubbish from them. But I never bought into it. Mostly because I have serious issues with giving any rag a bit of praise, but also because I felt the man was overrated.

Time has caught up with him and I don't think he's good enough for the Championship, now.
At his peak, he was a world class shot stopper, but every other aspect of his game has always been average at best. Not particularly commanding from set pieces and awful with his feet. It's just that when he was at his peak, it wasn't such a big deal to be good with your feet. And then a few years ago, he stopped even being particularly great as a shot stopper too and started making a lot of mistakes, especially after the move to Real Madrid fell through. Feels like an old-school goalkeeper who has been left behind a bit by the modern game.

At his peak, he was a world class shot stopper, but every other aspect of his game has always been average at best. Not particularly commanding from set pieces and awful with his feet. It's just that when he was at his peak, it wasn't such a big deal to be good with your feet. And then a few years ago, he stopped even being particularly great as a shot stopper too and started making a lot of mistakes, especially after the move to Real Madrid fell through. Feels like an old-school goalkeeper who has been left behind a bit by the modern game.
I'm quite fond of De Gea, to me he's the poster boy for the rags falling from grace and going to shit, outside of 2013, they've been shite every season he's played for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.