United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find the scapegoating/narrative of Maguire very disturbing.

It's become a national thing, with the mainstream and social media taking it in turns to pick up the baton.

It's bullying, pure and simple.

He's made a few mistakes, but he's conveniently carrying the can for a club and a supporter base looking for anything to excuse away how shit they are.

Sancho and Anthony cost a combined £160m and have been nothing short of lamentable.

The Glazers are accused of all sorts, yet they consistently ensure United are one of the top spenders and sanctioned a record £300m splurge last summer.

Maguire is the main target on the back pages today when anyone with a brain knows De Gea was at fault for two goals.

People even cite his looks. A bunch of fucking shitbags looking for an easy pile-on, when they wouldn't fucking dare to do it to his face.

One day a player is going to be taken to the brink and then all these pricks will all clutch their pearls and ask what we can do to avoid a tragedy in the future?

Maguire is having a bad time of it, but most people will at some stage, when nothing seems to go right.

He's a dad, a husband, a son.

United and their sycophants all need to look closer to home, starting with their entitlement.
It's their transfer strategy or lack of it to blame for their failings. The likes of Neville and Scholes and Ferdinand can blame the Glazers all they like but apart from not spending on the stadium they have bankrolled utd more than any other club the past few seasons.
People pile on Maguire mainly because Southgate keeps picking him for England and they don't like it.

It's become a national thing, with the mainstream and social media taking it in turns to pick up the baton.

He's made a few mistakes, but he's conveniently carrying the can for a club and a supporter base looking for anything to excuse away how shit they are.

Sancho and Anthony cost a combined £160m and have been nothing short of lamentable.

The Glazers are accused of all sorts, yet they consistently ensure United are one of the top spenders and sanctioned a record £300m splurge last summer.

Maguire is the main target on the back pages today when anyone with a brain knows De Gea was at fault for two goals.

People even cite his looks. A bunch of fucking shitbags looking for an easy pile-on, when they wouldn't fucking dare to do it to his face.

One day a player is going to be taken to the brink and then all these pricks will all clutch their pearls and ask what we can do to avoid a tragedy in the future?

Maguire is having a bad time of it, but most people will at some stage, when nothing seems to go right.

United and their sycophants all need to look closer to home, starting with their entitlement.
i did the united players out on wednesday,i did citys players out on tuesday, one of the very few players from both sides who said hello without being prompted was maguire,as for his massive head,it actually looks normal in really life, think the slabhead nickname was more about his heading ability than the size of his head. anyway, hes having a nightmare time football wise which is lovely.

Very well said these football troll pages on social media have a lot to answer for .

If they worst ever happened and a player took his own life they would be posting RIP posts and saying be kind etc then straight back to trolling.

Same thing happened after Caroline Flack done herself , a whole be kind movement then press / social media accounts pile in on someone else.

Last edited:

I half agree, but ultimately part of the financial renumeration of being a professional athlete in the public eye is that you have to mentally strong and people will talk about you and make jokes about you if you fail.

I think the club could do more to protect him, and obviously there are idiots who cross lines, but he's a star signing for one of the biggest clubs in the most watched league.

I just don’t think he’s as bad as he’s been made out.

I think he is now though. I don't think he used to be, but It's become really psychological wheres he's becoming as bad as the narrative. Of course he is capable of good games, just as all players are capable of disastrous moments.

You can't afford to make as many howlers as him if you're supposedly a top level player. Of course it isn't gonna happen every game, but it just needs to happen half a dozen times a season and it can be the difference between a successful one or not. His manager knows that and that's why he's now 3rd or 4th choice when everyone is available and he'll be out of the door in the summer. He's a liability.

Confirmation that the Rags have been and still are SHITE , Brighton will play them off the park , just need Spuds to get there act together and finish top four , the Rags and Thursday nights are match made in heaven
They'll beat Brighton. Never underestimate the fear factor with some of the smaller clubs. These players grew up watching the Rags win trophy after trophy and still think 'Christ, we're playing Man Utd at Wembley'.....happened to Newcastle. You still have the media talking them up at every opportunity. Brighton will play well, but they'll get beaten.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.