United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I've watched that goal several times now so that I no longer see its pure comedy value. My first instinct was that De Gea was to blame more than Maguire and I still haven't changed my view. We often say that De Gea isn't good with his feet but we ought to point out more often that he hasn't got any brains. Whatever he was doing it was most certainly not "playing out from the back". Certainly mistakes can be made when playing out from the back and passes can be misplaced at any time in any area of the pitch but how a "Manchester United legend" can pass to a "club captain" who can see three opponents cutting of his pass lines to (distant)team mates and honing in on him. Any centre half would have struggled: the ponderous Maguire had no chance. The likeliest outcome followed like night follows day.

I'm thinking ours would have coped. Stones certainly, but tbh we probably shouldnt compare all others to him as it just isn't fair on them.

I still think when I picture us playing out in that situation, the problem isn't the pass. However, for us it would usually be Rodri or Gundo, possibly Stones or Bernardo picking the ball up there. Usually a midfielder while the centre backs are still deeper. They are all undoubtedly better on the ball, which is probably why I see us succeeding every time in that situation.

I guess maybe De Gea should have recognised that the setup didn't suit a short pass, but he's Joe Hart trying to play football here in this situation. And unfortunately giving it to Mangala... I find it hard to blame the keeper when the defender wants the ball and the pass gets to Maguire successfully.

In hindsight De Gea should have just lumped it, but how many times did Bravo shit us up by not lumping it when we started out trying to play real football...

I notice they shoe horn 6 times Europa Winners into every report on Sevilla, making it sound like they are a power house and not a team with a negative transfer spend over the years, and fighting relegation this season who we dispatched twice pretty easily

Agreed.if you go back to their previous game at downtrodden Forest ,the ref not spotting the maguire pen incident at nil nil and not sending him off..
And their own farcical offside goal against us when 1nil down at home...you could quite easily imagine them without 6 pts....then their posistion would be a lot different, ...hard to justify the he's improved them argument.not forgetting the incidents at Fulham...
The current management of that club is an Embarrassment.
In Football,your only as good as your last game......there are no words..
+ the miles offside goal v Dippers, the non penalties inc juggling the ball v Southampton, the ruled out Arsenal goal, avoiding cards red and yellows every game. If they were officiated the same as us, they would be bottom half

With regard to the Harry and David show. It is my understanding in football that passing is a decision made by the passer, not the passee. The passer, predominantly, has a fair view of the situation in front of him and decides which option to take.
The receiver has spacial awareness, but can be blindsided in some instances.
That is why this 1st rag goal conceded was fully the fault of the goalkeeper who could see clearly the players converging on Harry.
2nd, also goalkeeper, and 3rd, yet again the goalkeeper.
David had a fucking mare!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.