United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find the scapegoating/narrative of Maguire very disturbing.

It's become a national thing, with the mainstream and social media taking it in turns to pick up the baton.

It's bullying, pure and simple.

He's made a few mistakes, but he's conveniently carrying the can for a club and a supporter base looking for anything to excuse away how shit they are.

Sancho and Anthony cost a combined £160m and have been nothing short of lamentable.

The Glazers are accused of all sorts, yet they consistently ensure United are one of the top spenders and sanctioned a record £300m splurge last summer.

Maguire is the main target on the back pages today when anyone with a brain knows De Gea was at fault for two goals.

People even cite his looks. A bunch of fucking shitbags looking for an easy pile-on, when they wouldn't fucking dare to do it to his face.

One day a player is going to be taken to the brink and then all these pricks will all clutch their pearls and ask what we can do to avoid a tragedy in the future?

Maguire is having a bad time of it, but most people will at some stage, when nothing seems to go right.

He's a dad, a husband, a son.

United and their sycophants all need to look closer to home, starting with their entitlement.
I preface this by saying, i have no problem in taking the piss out of them, whether it be the results, team, players, their meccano set of a ground, the swamp pitch.
To me and my mates, nothing is off limits.

I had to take loads of abuse for years, so my attitude of what goes around, comes around is in full flow and i'm gladly giving it out in spades!

But i agree that the abuse people get online and on social media is out of order and totally out of control, but hopefully he and other players are smart enough not to read that shite.

However, the scapegoating issue has been going on ever since i've been going (nearly 50 years)

Even today, the amount of abuse Kalvin Phillips gets on here is way out of order too, you just have to read the pre-match thread for tomorrow or his player performance thread to get an idea.
He's not the only one Akanji and Laporte get major abuse too.

That is our own fans on our own players and look at the absolute hatred and racist shite our club has to put up with daily, from not only trolls online but opposing fans and every major media outlet too.

So while i agree it's a problem, unfortunately it seems to be ingrained in today's society at the moment and i'm not sure what anyone can do about it.

Maguire was asking for the ball though, watch him closely, he is signaling for the ball.
It could be argued that De Gea should have seen the danger and passed it out wide to the full back, the one Maguire tried to lay the ball off to and failed.

De Gea and Maguire are both culpable in that situation. Maguire for not having the spacial awareness and threat around him and De Gea for also not recognising that a pass to Maguire, who though asking for it, was a hospital pass.

You cannot count out Tent Peg for that errror as well, he must be telling them and coaching them to play out from the back, not matter what, a few years ago De Gea would have hoyed that up field. De Gea is not a goalkeeper who can play the "sweeper keeper" role just look at his miserable attempt to bring the ball under control that lead to the 3rd goal.

All he had to do was open us his body let the ball pass him & he’d beaten the press.

No he’s been made a scapegoat because it suits the rags & their media shills
He is not the only issue (thankfully) in their squad but he is singled out which is the point being made
I dislike them as much as any other blue, not quite as much as the dippers though , and sincerely hope their malaise continues for many, many years to come but surely we can call out bullying or victimisation where we recognise it?
We are classy on the pitch and we can be classy off it
Of course we can call out bullying just as we have been calling out the persecution of City by media and UEFA, PL etc because of who our owners are.

My dad 70 years ago called supporting United easy but supporting City was character building..
How the tables have turned so surely we can see the media are terrified of calling united as a team and need scapegoats to bully.

The club could do more to protect him..by not selecting him for the 1st team.There must be a " brilliant" young academy reserve centre back who can temporarily fill in for a bit,or maybe the women's team could loan their No.5 to slot in..

Playing football ,whilst a wanted man in a country not too far away from Spain cannot have helped his concentration...

Personally I have zero sympathy for a player who systematically ..and unnecessarily ..destroyed the achilles tendon of Phil Foden whilst at leicester city a few years ago( a disgraceful challenge)putting him out the game for 3 months...He is a walking disaster,and selecting him is indicative of the mess utd are in.
Obviously not or a brilliant young goalie in the academy as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.