United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep Fen Bob said it twice he has no shame after that goal was allowed he is bragging they’ve beat us like it was deserved! The mans a fraud!
Seemed a decent chap when he started. Same as Klopp, in my opinion. When he was at Dortmund, and before Pep came to City, I vaguely admired what he did with the team to challenge Bayern. Not wanting to sound over-critical but is there something about the setup at both clubs that affects managers and players for the worse? I try hard to be objective but City's players do seem to be, well, nicer than those to be found in some rival establishments. I do try to be objective but it is difficult.

The biggest difference in the Rags this season as opposed to last is that the Dippers, Chelsea and Tottenham have imploded.

Otherwise they would be fighting for a top 6 spot again,
So it would seem. Does this put United down as a "well run club"? Compared to Chelsea and Spurs I suppose they are - a new perspective on the Glazer era, one that United fans will be quick to appreciate, if it's pointed out.

Seemed a decent chap when he started. Same as Klopp, in my opinion. When he was at Dortmund, and before Pep came to City, I vaguely admired what he did with the team to challenge Bayern. Not wanting to sound over-critical but is there something about the setup at both clubs that affects managers and players for the worse? I try hard to be objective but City's players do seem to be, well, nicer than those to be found in some rival establishments. I do try to be objective but it is difficult.
Unfortunately we have divers and play actors in our team. If Klopp done to our players what Pep done to theirs on the touchline this place would have been in meltdown. I love the way Bernardo is with the Dippers, but if that was Henderson doing the same stuff for them we'd have an 800 page thread on him.

It's our team and we'll support them, but we do have flaws like other teams. I personally don't despise Klopp and I don't particularly mind Tent Peg, but he's got time to become a ****.

Lost count of the amount of ‘stop them doing the treble’ Ive heard. Teddy Sheringham the latest. Is this really all they are now? The ‘famous’ man u?! How small they’ve become.
I thought it was down to us stopping them doing thw domestic treble.

Unfortunately we have divers and play actors in our team. If Klopp done to our players what Pep done to theirs on the touchline this place would have been in meltdown. I love the way Bernardo is with the Dippers, but if that was Henderson doing the same stuff for them we'd have an 800 page thread on him.

It's our team and we'll support them, but we do have flaws like other teams. I personally don't despise Klopp and I don't particularly mind Tent Peg, but he's got time to become a ****.
I agree - despise is far too harsh a word to use about pretty well anybody, though I expect we could all think of some cases that would push us to the limit. And it is difficult to look at things objectively, particularly when it does appear that there is a bias in favour of certain clubs and against City. No, not without flaws but I think that when there are problems it does appear that they are dealt with before they become toxic. Appearances only, or a sign of a well-run club? As many have said on here we are very fortunate to have our club in this position, so while we defend City against unjust criticism and exult in the quality of football (who would have thought it possible?!) there's no room for taking a high moral line when criticising other clubs, as if all these good times are somehow to our credit.

Some aspects are. They are still permitted to scream abuse at referees, they are still permitted to kick fuck out of opponents with no punishment, and they are still permitted to dive theatrically and earn penalties that no other club (aside from the vile dippers) would get, and they are still never criticised by the fawning media in this country.
Correct

Lost count of the amount of ‘stop them doing the treble’ Ive heard. Teddy Sheringham the latest. Is this really all they are now? The ‘famous’ man u?! How small they’ve become.
Does this mean that United fans have suddenly decided that we are their "rivals" or is that still LFC. The narrative changes all the time.

In 1999 the Thursday after the Scum had completed their Treble I along with countless others that night no doubt got stuck in Town cos the Buses were a complete shambles whilst the Unwashed Hordes flooded into Town from all parts of the Compass into Victoria Station for their Parade.

IIRC we were playing Gillingham that coming W/E and remember thinking waiting forever for my Bus that there’s no way we will ever mount a comeback like that or be anywhere near to Winning a Cup never mind the Treble!

Football eh -Bloody Hell -as someone once said

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.