United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a tough set of fixtures for them, their away form is not that good
That's what i thought. And you add to that them missing their first choice centre back pairing of the little fella and the other guy it's not a given. I mean, they'll find a way with some assistance to get some points - but then so will the scousers. Will ten hag still be labeled a genius if they finish 5th? Probably.

I'm still trying to work out how they managed to float on stock exchange but keep their "soul,", whereas we, on the other hand, acquired a privare investor but lost ours overnight. Curious thing football "soul".
Floating in the stock exchange gave them the financial clout to buy all the best players and win everything back in the 90s. But it also paved the way for a hostile type takeover from the Glazers.

They sucked the devil’s cock and then they had to swallow.

The rags buying players that have passed there peak but are still a big name ie varane casemiro ronaldo etc. Hope they get him for big money and big wages which means they can't invest in other areas where they are really short. Look at there midfield casemiro and eriksen wrong side of 30 sabitzer on loan mcfred seemingly surplus to requirements. Only leaves rat face who goes missing every big game.

I get all that,but it isn't the debate i'm having.

This place has a great habit of twisting comment or going off on a tangent where topic is contentious or not in keeping with the forum narrative.

Do you think Yoonited buying Kane would be an idiotic move?
First, if they are genuinely looking to sell then they aren't buying him.
To answer your question, yes. Despite the hype, their budget is limited and their debt huge. Unless they get him for 50 million they will be spunking most of their budget on one player.
They are looking to reduce their wage bill and yet Kane will be the top earner.
I am not knocking Kane, he is a proven goal scorer and he is everything they need, unfortunately for them, they need at least 4 other players in the summer to try and implement ten hags style of play.

I wouldn't go as far as saying that signing Kane would be "iidiotic"for them but there are three risk factors that would make me wary;

1) He'll be at the very top end of the tranfer fee and wage scale. That's no biggie if you can afford it although it does mean he has to produce commensurate performances. Kane should be able to hit the ground running though. Whether he can maintain that as he gets older remains to be seen.
2) The age of the player means it's a short-term solution with little or no sell-on value and, of course, he won't be looking for a short-term contract. Again, no biggie providing there's a long-term plan (which isn't their strong point).
3) Kane has always been a one-club player. I'm not convinced that leaving his roots and his comfort zone and pitching up at that circus would be conducive to maintaining his past form. I'm trying to think of another player who has done that, but can't off the top of my head.

All in all, I'd be quite comfortable if they do sign him.

Both of them playing spurs, west ham and villa in their next 4 games.
Yeah, tough games - but liverpool get spurs at home and utd get them away. If spurs were any good at all I'd maybe have them as favourites for 4th - but that's just laughable now.

First, if they are genuinely looking to sell then they aren't buying him.
To answer your question, yes. Despite the hype, their budget is limited and their debt huge. Unless they get him for 50 million they will be spunking most of their budget on one player.
They are looking to reduce their wage bill and yet Kane will be the top earner.
I am not knocking Kane, he is a proven goal scorer and he is everything they need, unfortunately for them, they need at least 4 other players in the summer to try and implement ten hags style if play.
Provided they can offload those, who ten Bob no longer wants, such as Magliar and Tony Marshall.

I’m not sure he wants Jaded, nor wank-bissaka, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.