United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Floating in the stock exchange gave them the financial clout to buy all the best players and win everything back in the 90s. But it also paved the way for a hostile type takeover from the Glazers.

They sucked the devil’s cock and then they had to swallow.
We really need to get what is apparently your sound bite into a song.... ideally with lots of clapping in it too. ;)

Thanks for the reply,obviously i disagree.

Kane will improve them immeasurably,and they always find the money.....
Kane will improve them but to the levels of Man City ???? Nothing near ........... Ronaldo got loads of goals, Rashford the same but it didn’t stop them from taking some right batterings .......... it’s a team game and they simply haven’t got the team to get near and had Chelsea, Spursy and Liverpool been in song they would be fooked

Kane or not, it's going to be many a year before they are challenging for the Prem. Too many players that are simply not good enough for top-flight football. I mean, what the fuck is that Weghorst chap (or whatever he's called) all about? He doesn't seem to actually do anything constructive to help the team, he just seems to spend the entire 90-odd minutes looking as if he knows he should be contributing in some way or other, but hasn't got a clue what it is he should actually be contributing.

Their entire backline would not stand scrutiny in the Championship, there is a total lack of cohesion between Slabhead and his defensive colleagues. They need a Vinny-type player, someone who will command his area and add stability, bring an air of such intimidating authority that nobody would dare step out of line. But all they have until at least the end of the season is Slabhead, standing there, hands on hips pointing somewhere into the distance.

If they they seriously believe one or two signings, Hollywood or not, will have them challenging for the Prem, they are going to be hilariously disappointed.

First thing they need to do is to move on the doughnut thief who's probably the worst goalkeeper in the league at distribution. They can then think about playing a passing game rather than hoof ball. Obviously give him a new contract! The talk about Kane is just noise and doesn't address their issues.
De Gea suit's their big hoof, route one tactics. Sir Harry's suit's their diving tactics.

I wouldn't go as far as saying that signing Kane would be "iidiotic"for them but there are three risk factors that would make me wary;

1) He'll be at the very top end of the tranfer fee and wage scale. That's no biggie if you can afford it although it does mean he has to produce commensurate performances. Kane should be able to hit the ground running though. Whether he can maintain that as he gets older remains to be seen.
2) The age of the player means it's a short-term solution with little or no sell-on value and, of course, he won't be looking for a short-term contract. Again, no biggie providing there's a long-term plan (which isn't their strong point).
3) Kane has always been a one-club player. I'm not convinced that leaving his roots and his comfort zone and pitching up at that circus would be conducive to maintaining his past form. I'm trying to think of another player who has done that, but can't off the top of my head.

All in all, I'd be quite comfortable if they do sign him.
Henry, Van Persie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.