United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand all this high-finance talk, the only time I think about money is when I'm counting my change in Weatherspoon's.
But is this bad news for the rags (please say yes, please say yes, please say yes)?
Put it this way, if you only own 49% of a business, you aren't going to put your hand in your pocket to invest further in the business unless the other shareholders do as well, or unless you're receiving extra shares in return for your investment. Otherwise you're just paying to inflate the value of their shares while they get a free ride. So if the Glazers still retain a stake, then regardless of the buyer, the rags can kiss goodbye to their dreams of a stadium rebuild and a huge spending spree on players.

Sounds like the United fans are demanding the Glazers sell 100% or they're going to go ape shit over the whole thing.

They're realising their club is just a business football being kicked about by billionaire leeches wanting to make easy money.

Hopefully this will derail the ten hag project. What a club. What owners.

As i understand it this is the situation with their clubs sale...

1. Ratcliffe is the prefered bidder as his proposal lets the 2 Glazers who don't want to sell stay on in some capacity.
2, His offer says nothing about debt removal indicating their current debt will pretty much stay as it currently is serviced i.e. by the club.
3, Any future debt would be absorbed by INEOS apparenty.
4, Ratcliffe is paying more per share but buying fewer shares.
5. Qatar want it lock stock and barrel which gives Joel and Avram a sad face.
6. Nothing in the deals leaks mention anything about significant investment direct from INEOS (you would want the fans to know you would be directly funding infrastructure renovations and upgrades surely?)

I am not a finance guy but if leaks were going to happen i would make damn sure the bits that would get the clubs fans onside were leaked. From a casual observers pov it seems to me very much "meet the new boss, same as the old boss". This would suit my schadenfreude perfectly, thanks Jim!

I could be wrong with some of that but just from what info is available that is how it looks as of today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.