United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Vatican Channel has it own prime time show called Pope Quiz.

The Pontiff is asked various general knowledge questions which if he gets right the prize is a donation to an orphan charity. I've just taken a peak at it.

Excuse the translation as my Latin is shit.

Cardinal Quiz: In 1999 Man United won the Champions League final against who?

His Holiness: Who the fuck are Man United?

About 10 years earlier than that, actually.
They were definitely being 'looked after' in the early 60's because I remember it. You had to wait until the Monday morning to get a newspaper report on the games that were played on the Saturday back then - no such thing as Sunday games, if I recall correctly. But myself and my schoolmates would get together and read every match report we could find, and almost without fail a rag game would have the words 'uni*ed were very fortunate not to concede a penalty.' Or 'uni*ed were once again extremely lucky not to have a man sent off.'

It was almost as predictable as it is today, rags being a law unto themselves.

They were definitely being 'looked after' in the early 60's because I remember it. You had to wait until the Monday morning to get a newspaper report on the games that were played on the Saturday back then - no such thing as Sunday games, if I recall correctly. But myself and my schoolmates would get together and read every match report we could find, and almost without fail a rag game would have the words 'uni*ed were very fortunate not to concede a penalty.' Or 'uni*ed were once again extremely lucky not to have a man sent off.'

It was almost as predictable as it is today, rags being a law unto themselves.
I'm thinking more of a cataclysmic event they suffered at that time, which galvanised the entire UK/worldwide media into fawning adoration for them, and still exists today. Yes, they may get the odd brickbat thrown at them from time to time, but the overall narrative is positive, unlike the team actually playing in Manchester, who are the "villains" to their "heroes."

Especially since they’ve been in that competition about six times in the last decade themselves.

They’re also hypocrites when they call the Scousers murderers.

And looking at one of the comments in that second article, they’re hypocrites when they also chant ‘always the victims, it’s never your fault’ at the Scousers n’all.
Wasnt there also a Tottenham fan killed when united fans pushed him down the escalator at Euston ?
early 8os

I thought Team View had bummed them off?
Rumoured that the credit in the last quarters accounts was "TEAM VIEWER"buying themselves out of the deal.
However as United have not found a new sponsor they are continuing with TEAM VIEWER at no cost to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.