United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still none the wiser what their big plan is really. ETH is obviously a decent coach, and amidst the squad there is good, bad and ugly, but they don't sound like they're about to be any more ruthless now than they were three years ago. De Gea getting another contract is bonkers, some of their most recent signings don't really make sense. But they're not even "next year is our year, here is the template from this season as how to play next year" like Arsenal or even Liverpool in the latter stages of the season. They're 2 or 3 years away from a challenge. Just a basket case of a club.

Hahaha what a brilliant twist. So they won about 10 games against inferior opposition to get to the Europa League quarters.
Yeah, it's the thing that get's me about the Arsenal 'Invincibles. ' The mindset of ' but we didn't get beaten ' compared to 'we tried to win every game' stands out. Yes, the fact they lost only one less game ( can't be arsed to check the claim) means feck all. Compare trophies at the end of the season. (and points, of course)

Turns out Mourinho was right again - finishing second to City, in the league, was a major achievement.

I'm still none the wiser what their big plan is really. ETH is obviously a decent coach, and amidst the squad there is good, bad and ugly, but they don't sound like they're about to be any more ruthless now than they were three years ago. De Gea getting another contract is bonkers, some of their most recent signings don't really make sense. But they're not even "next year is our year, here is the template from this season as how to play next year" like Arsenal or even Liverpool in the latter stages of the season. They're 2 or 3 years away from a challenge. Just a basket case of a club.

Liverpool will be better and Chelsea have a much better coach then Tan Hag in charge. Playing champions league football then Premier league football every 3 days will expose their threadbare squad.

They're at the stage with DDG we were at with Joe Hart, had been an excellent servant and been vital to some huge moments but wasn't suited to what was needed. It's where pep and ETH differ, one is ruthless with his squads needs

Ten Hag saying we’ve only won one more game than them this season is a bizarre spin. Anyone watching that today saw a gulf in class and we didn’t really play well.
I like this one
I think they won 43 games this season.
The Rag Treble winners only won 36 games
So that puts them a fair bit ahead of what they though was their greatest ever team.

WTF are they complaining about???

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.