United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any guaranteed Premier League club is basically a cash cow at this point. It's not really about the operating profit, but the value of the club. The Glazers bought the club for 800 million they're about to sell it for something in the region of 4 billion. So they've increased their money by five times in 18 years, all the while being able to take money out of the club to fund their luxury lifestyle.

It be Ratcliffe buying 50% of them or the Glazers staying that will be the outcome and the debt will keep rising lovely Jubbley

It would make massively more sense, the potential to 'add value' to any of these teams in a business sense is huge.

I just can't understand the appeal of the rags as a commercial investment, yes they've got huge income but they've got even bigger debts and are basically just breaking even at best.

I suppose ultimately these investors are just like the typical rag fans, it's all about glory and being associated with the big name rather than having any real interest in football.

Jassim, of course, isn't the investor.

Always said it, if he wants return on investment, Everton is the place to go.

If he doesn't, what exactly does he want?
I've never understood why someone would buy untied other than to be assosiated with a 'name'. There is not much potential there other than what is already there, then there's the costs involved just to maintain it let alone increase your profits.

Everton......Quite agree, sleeping giant, 2nd club in the city, plenty of potential in the right hands, decent fan base....You're getting in at the bottom so to speak, can only really go one way....

Now where have I heard that before ???

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.