United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a random observation about St Marcus. I watched the FA Cup Final again ( first time since the day as have been away/was too stressed last week pre Champs Final). Our English lads sang the National Anthem. I saw Luke ' Greggs' Shaw joining in. But St Marcus. Nope. Mouth remained firmly shut. Now considering his OBE ( or whatever it is) that in my view is pretty piss poor. Is he an honorary Scouser???
We're not all royalists, you know.

I think they are in for a bit of a shock when its comes to buying players, not only have they got FFP to consider, the landscape has changed now for the top top players, when the likes of Rice is going for 100m then they are going to have to spend north of £500m to get near us, how ironic its going to be that they will be hamstrung by the very rule they pushed for, and, ETH's buys so far leave little to the imagination.

I couldn't give two shites if Elon Musk had of bought them tbh-as has been proved, its the manager and infrastructure that makes a team.

The ffp rules are probably due a "tweaking" now,so I wouldn't be too confident on that stopping them.

At the end of the day money talks, so eventually,given time and patience,they will get it right.

Que Sera.

They’ve spent money and look what’s happened to them since bacon left! It’s in the board room a Director of football who are has the know how! Arsenal have that now all pulling in the right direction with Arteta making the main decisions.
I know. But we have to take it seriously. The promise to redevelop training ground/stadium and we know they are serious investors. They'll make mistakes and mess up but they ain't finishing outside top 4 again that's for sure

From the look of things in last hour it's done. FFP night hamper them initially but expect they'll have some very big players joining over next 2 years.. we'll have a fight now. Bring it on.
I don't see anything meaningfully changing for them. Over the last decade they've beaten us to the signings of Van Persie, Mata, Fred, Pogba, Maguire, Sanchez, Fernandes, and, most recently, Ronaldo - all by paying ridiculous amounts of money to get the deals over the line and stop us from getting them. Plus they nicked one of our best academy prospects for years in Sancho after he went to Germany for a couple of seasons. Meanwhile we've gone for the cheaper or less fancied option more often than not and have still had 10x more success.

The ffp rules are probably due a "tweaking" now,so I wouldn't be too confident on that stopping them.

At the end of the day money talks, so eventually,given time and patience,they will get it right.

Que Sera.

Rags been saying that for the last 10 years they’ve spent 1.4b since bacon left! Money helps but you got have an infrastructure in place to get it right in who you buy then the manager to fulfil the winning of major trophies and ten bob is a fraud of a manager!

Reuters reporting it's an exclusivity period where Glazers are only talking to Qataris and the period can be ended by Ratcliffe bidding. They've handled this process like they've handled the club

I know. But we have to take it seriously. The promise to redevelop training ground/stadium and we know they are serious investors. They'll make mistakes and mess up but they ain't finishing outside top 4 again that's for sure

They could finish 6th next season they jammyed it this season! Spurs have one of the best stadium and training facilities in the world they finished 8th!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.