United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep and why when Pep leaves we need to win the league in the next 2/3 years again! Yep we won the league with Mancini and Pelegríne but when a manager of the calibre of Pep leaves the standard will drop and you fall back into the pack so when he goes we have to win the league again as quickly as possible…

Pep is a different level of manager, we know that, but Chelsea have shown that a club can continue to compete and be successful if the right structure is in place. The issue that Liverpool, the Rags and Arsenal have all had is that they've immortalised a certain era at the club and then refused to accept that it's ended and they need to move on. They've allowed players/managers to become too powerful and too influential and too involved and it's held them back.

We have a strong structure in place to ensure future success. The main thing to do will be ensuring Pep leaves a strong core of players behind to keep us moving forwards under new management. It's also about bringing in a manager that has the same values. The rags have chopped and changed so much no one knows what they're doing. They've just wasted so much time and money and the gap grows. Long may it continue. The relationship Pep has with the club suggests to me we'll know when he is leaving long before he does and will be able to have a replacement lined up early too. That enables us to recruit for the future and continue to build a successful team. It makes that transition far easier. The Pep factor is a huge reason for our ability to bring in top players though, so hopefully we can continue to recruit well when he goes - that's the main risk for me. We're able, with Pep, to pay competitive but not crazy wages and still bring in top players because they all want to work with him.

That said Rabiot is an upgrade on all the midfielders they’ve got. Also he’s more their level at this stage (solid international player, rather than world class), and they should’ve just switched to dobb no time like him once De Jong started ghosting them, and their new MF would’ve gotten a full pre season.
No idea what they are playing at. They could poach players from Leicester (Tielemans/Vardy/Fofana) who would improve them significantly. The Arnautovic transfer is bizarre!!

That’s the reason they may end up being around the top 6 not down to the team but down to bent officials ............ I mean that fooking penalty how the hell can the ref miss it and even worse an official sat watching it on the ??????
They should have been in the end of a good beating and no disrespect to Brighton they are a midtable team.......... I now think a lot of teams are not even scared to go there and go for the win which causes United even bigger problems ........... they will throw big money at players that in all honesty probably don’t wanna be near the calamity .............. they need a massive miracle that they all of a sudden put a winning team together and City,Liverpool, Chelsea , Arsenal and Spurs suddenly become crap and sadly for them it ain’t gonna happen ........... the says of them attracting the elite are well gone they just attract show ponies and pay over the odds for sub standard players

I have a worry about this. Yesterday I watched the game but even at half-time when they were 0:2 down and had been terrible, I thought the powers that be would get them back into it.

You see UEFA and the PL (plus the TV companies who supply much of the money) all want United in the top-4 and back in the CL. There was even some talk recently of 'legacy clubs' with 'histry' getting free entry, even if they finished mid-table. Horrible echoes of the whole Super-League disaster. Fortunately there was an outcry - its anti-competitive - and it was knocked on the head. As a compromise from 2024/25 the top-five English sides will get into the European Cup - this might help United, but probably Newcastle United! not this bunch of tw*ts. Consequently, behind the scenes, at UEFA at the PL at Sky and at Stockley Park everything that can possibly be done, will be done to try to get MUFC into the big cup; I expect to see some very odd things in Europa Cup matches later in the season too.

I still don't think they will manage it though :) but it will be frustrating for teams to play them, especially teams like Brighton, well organised with solid players and a good work ethic, because there are going to be multiple weird decisions (like yesterday) and sometimes it might even work and produce false results.

Pep is a different level of manager, we know that, but Chelsea have shown that a club can continue to compete and be successful if the right structure is in place. The issue that Liverpool, the Rags and Arsenal have all had is that they've immortalised a certain era at the club and then refused to accept that it's ended and they need to move on. They've allowed players/managers to become too powerful and too influential and too involved and it's held them back.

We have a strong structure in place to ensure future success. The main thing to do will be ensuring Pep leaves a strong core of players behind to keep us moving forwards under new management. It's also about bringing in a manager that has the same values. The rags have chopped and changed so much no one knows what they're doing. They've just wasted so much time and money and the gap grows. Long may it continue. The relationship Pep has with the club suggests to me we'll know when he is leaving long before he does and will be able to have a replacement lined up early too. That enables us to recruit for the future and continue to build a successful team. It makes that transition far easier. The Pep factor is a huge reason for our ability to bring in top players though, so hopefully we can continue to recruit well when he goes - that's the main risk for me. We're able, with Pep, to pay competitive but not crazy wages and still bring in top players because they all want to work with him.
Having an excellent DoF like Txiki is an absolute essential for any club that has aspirations to regularly compete for trophies.

The days of the manager running the whole show, such as the pisscan and Brian Clough did, are long gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.