United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fucking Arnautovic and Rabiot, goodness gracious, this is even funnier than signing Eriksen. In what world do those players fit a high press, high-line, counter-press + Premier League rhythm?

Every team from the top 10 now has a midfield designed to not get slapped 5,6,7 -0 against the Pool, City. They will eat them alive, if things continue to go down this route. I guess the real slap will come after the Brentford game, and the Era Ender, Two-1hag, will probably realise, that the PL is not Ere and it's so difficult to win, it has collapsed careers of managers with an illustrious background, more money, and a better starting squad. I almost feel bad for him. Almost.

The Rags are in a deep, deep pit of shit and they are going to take some digging out. Their fanbase contains a large percentage of deluded idiots who think because they are 'Manchester United' they are somehow entitled to be at the top. They hammer the Glazers who have let the club management spend zillions on shite.

I don't know how they get out of this. A lot of it is down to delusion though, and the belief that they just need to wave a magic wand and everything will be fine. I reckon they need at least three years of good management and all major decisions right to get back to being half-decent.
They need a total internal restructure of all of their off (and on) field departments, but, it would appear, that the Glazers decided that it would be cheaper to just bring in big name hollywood players and throw just enough money at the project too keep the deluded blinkered fans happy whilst running the club into the ground and milking the dying cow dry.

There's only one direction that they're heading in, and it's funny as fuck.

I wake up to news that United are bidding for Arnautovic and I'm thinking alright, who else are they targeting from that 13/14 Stoke squad that I led to league cup glory in Football Manager? Matty Etherington? Ryan Shawcross? What is Liam's dad up to nowadays??
Quite an achievement have you thought of applying for the utd job?

I bet if they really push they can get Joey Barton playing for them. The midfield McTominay - Barton - Fred is indeed era ending.

I’m watching "Too Good To Go Down" about the rags' demise and relegation in the early '70s.

Willie Morgan suggests that Wilf McGuinness wasn’t the right man to follow the former City player. It should have been the ticket tout.

Yeah, because he subsequently had a great career as a manager, didn’t he, Willie?

EDIT: On BT Sport 2.

Has anyone checked if Goldbridge is still selling DeJong shirts? Want to have one for our home game against them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.