United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just done some research on her and she has made over one million pounds with her YouTube antics and she’s only 22 !

Those YT estimations of earnings are bollocks - if she is worth £1m why doe she do her stuff in the corner of what looks like the back of a classroom in some FE establishment? Even Goldbridge can muster up a backdrop.

The problem at united is that what everyone knows they need to do conflicts with what they absolutely can't do.

From a football point of view, they need to clear out the dross and give Ten Bob a few seasons - 3 as a minimum - to build a side. During that time, they will almost certainly need to sacrifice European football, certainly CL. Let's call that Plan A.

But sacrificing CL for a few seasons could be seismic for them. It will eat into their revenue significantly and reduce their appeal to top quality players. They've been lucky so far as they haven't spent two consecutive seasons without CL football but if they don't secure CL for next season, sponsorships get reduced and banking covenants that might require them to repay debt on demand could potentially kick in. So their available cash will be reduced significantly.

So their "strategy" (if you can call it that) has to be a series of short term fixes, hence the buying of older, big name players who they feel can give them a short term boost. Let's call that Plan B. If that doesn't work then they may as well go to Plan A but the likelihood is that they'll get rid of Ten Bob and try Plan B with someone else.
Nobody's getting 3 seasons unless there's a marked improvement year on year. No CL for the season after next and Ten Bog is gone.

wooooah. 'we clearly had some catching up to do'.

Ok, so there's nowt wrong with spending to 'catch-up' then? (There isn't).

Great, I look forward to the apologies from the years of Arsenal, United, Liverpool fans for castigating City when they had to spend to 'catch-up' (when spending money became available after takeover, rather than the pitiful whip round's we survived on for years of crappy Swales legacy).

I‘ve never complained about City’s success or the amount they spent. Good luck to you. I’ve always been against the flawed concept of FFP because it’s an anti-competitive tool to keep out ambitious clubs from crashing the elite clubs’ party. For the same reason I won’t begrudge any success that comes Newcastle‘s way. I think anyone fair minded would agree with me. And anyway, success is not down to money alone or otherwise MUFC would still be dominating. You need a good structure, a smart strategy and talent not just on the pitch but off it also. Maybe the Glazers might finally see the wisdom of that? As for City, not just the football side but the regeneration of parts of east Manchester should be commended as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.