United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I’ve finally understood glazernomics in relation to the non investment at the ground.
The ground, as everyone knows, is old, out of sync with a modern stadium, unfit for purpose, leaky (not just the dressing room!), has almost no opportunity for improvement and has knee space in front of the seats which are the correct length if the UK was still suffering from post-war rationing, and the population average height had shrunk (cf better diet of Dutch).

But to the glazers this does not matter, even though the 90’s saw an explosion in the general health of the nation. They didn’t mind because they’d cottoned onto the fact the PL , ‘top4’ and especially the red of united sold big style in the Far East. Thousands of lemmings tourists flocked over to cover themselves in fake mutual glory, and slotted right into the little seat gaps.

So the glazers were saved from spending the money on the stadium , and generously saved Trafford general from dealing with thousands of ripped off knee-caps of a healthier and taller uk nation, by the massive influx of tourists.

NB. Cheek in tongue

I'm not overawed with the chumps league. I'd like to win it, but I'm not arsed... that is until this season.
Please, please, please City, win it this year. If utd are fighting at the bottom of the league, and, dare I say, even getting relegated, it would put the juiciest cherry on top of the most delicious cake I could ever imagine.
Like times 10,000

They’re in a really difficult position now.

There’s so much pressure on them at this point after 2 losses. what’s their manager gonna do? Change the style he wants to play? no he’s not and he’s got a big problem that teams know they can’t play the way he wants and can’t play out from the back either, so every week teams are just going to press them from the off and make them panic and force them into mistakes.

That style he wants them to play requires real confidence among the players but they can’t play that style, and their confidence will be shot already. Any team in the league will be looking at them knowing if you’re willing to put in a shift and press them, they’re useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.