United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
They’re in a really difficult position now.

There’s so much pressure on them at this point after 2 losses. what’s their manager gonna do? Change the style he wants to play? no he’s not and he’s got a big problem that teams know they can’t play the way he wants and can’t play out from the back either, so every week teams are just going to press them from the off and make them panic and force them into mistakes.

That style he wants them to play requires real confidence among the players but they can’t play that style, and their confidence will be shot already. Any team in the league will be looking at them knowing if you’re willing to put in a shift and press them, they’re useless.
He needs to stand up be a man and drop a few “stars”. Had a perfect chance to do it yesterday and failed the test by just hooking the new signing. The entire set up yesterday was very strange tactically. I don’t think he is what he’s cracked up to be :-)

View attachment 52699

That bottom line; ouch!
If my hunch is correct then this could be the scenario;
The rags have spent fortunes on player acquisitions, wages and payoffs.
This has been funded by increasing their debt (shares).
All the rags have been doing is treading water by covering the interest on the loans.
The loans, at least partly, will have been covered by guaranteed future income (eg Barça).
Now if that future income is jeopardised by lack of titles and progress in other competitions, (esp C/L) then their share price will drop.
Then panic selling will set in and the share price will fall even further.
(I don't see the average rag fan having the balls to ride out the storm until the ship is steadied).
So the rags default on the loan interest and the brown stuff really smashes into the fan. (Electric not human!)
So the only way left for the rags to cover interest payments is by getting relegated and receiving the parachute payment, which will alleviate their problem, for a while at least.
My prediction is for them to finish in 18th place and take that money.
How does the song go -
Champions League? You're having a laugh...!

Although I think there's some truth in the Gary Neville type Glazer's are at fault for all of this (even though they've actually spent money on players-but we're they the right fit or just profile players) angle I can't help but wonder if this is a coping mechanism for them. It's the Glazers fault, it will all be ok if we had new owners, focus on the owners not the pain of being bottom after 2 games and season upon season of utter shite. Focus on that, it makes the reality easier to deal with .

If my hunch is correct then this could be the scenario;
The rags have spent fortunes on player acquisitions, wages and payoffs.
This has been funded by increasing their debt (shares).
All the rags have been doing is treading water by covering the interest on the loans.
The loans, at least partly, will have been covered by guaranteed future income (eg Barça).
Now if that future income is jeopardised by lack of titles and progress in other competitions, (esp C/L) then their share price will drop.
Then panic selling will set in and the share price will fall even further.
(I don't see the average rag fan having the balls to ride out the storm until the ship is steadied).
So the rags default on the loan interest and the brown stuff really smashes into the fan. (Electric not human!)
So the only way left for the rags to cover interest payments is by getting relegated and receiving the parachute payment, which will alleviate their problem, for a while at least.
My prediction is for them to finish in 18th place and take that money.
How does the song go -
Champions League? You're having a laugh...!
Funny thing is though, with all the bollocks about takeovers last week, their share prices went up... the Glazers were laughing their cocks off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.