United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
He needs to stand up be a man and drop a few “stars”. Had a perfect chance to do it yesterday and failed the test by just hooking the new signing. The entire set up yesterday was very strange tactically. I don’t think he is what he’s cracked up to be :-)
It was truly bizarre playing Eriksen as a defensive midfielder. I really don’t know what ten Bob was thinking.

Yes, Eriksen has the passing ability to play there, but tackling and defensive awareness?

If my hunch is correct then this could be the scenario;
The rags have spent fortunes on player acquisitions, wages and payoffs.
This has been funded by increasing their debt (shares).
All the rags have been doing is treading water by covering the interest on the loans.
The loans, at least partly, will have been covered by guaranteed future income (eg Barça).
Now if that future income is jeopardised by lack of titles and progress in other competitions, (esp C/L) then their share price will drop.
Then panic selling will set in and the share price will fall even further.
(I don't see the average rag fan having the balls to ride out the storm until the ship is steadied).
So the rags default on the loan interest and the brown stuff really smashes into the fan. (Electric not human!)
So the only way left for the rags to cover interest payments is by getting relegated and receiving the parachute payment, which will alleviate their problem, for a while at least.
My prediction is for them to finish in 18th place and take that money.
How does the song go -
Champions League? You're having a laugh...!
If they are relegated, it will be,
Premier League? You’re having a laugh!

D De Gea - Hugely overated, need a new keeper if you want to play out from the back.

D Dalot - Shit

H Maguire (c) - Shit

L Martínez - Too early to rate but imo he's too small

L Shaw - He's not interested

C Eriksen - Decent player but no more than that

Fred - Ok but nothing more. Looks worse as having to do the work of 3 players.

J Sancho - Talented but has attitude problems & has lost confidence

B Fernandes - see Sancho

M Rashford - Awful player nowadays & looks disinterested at Utd

C Ronaldo - Will score you goals but he's bone idle and refuses to press. Also a cancer in the dressing room.

They need to replace at least 6 of those players and the subs bench is even worse.

I know Utd fans like to bang on about the Glaziers but they've given every Utd Manager a fortune to spend, they've just spent really fucking badly & long may it continue
I think Van Gaal brought in some good players, but success was too slow in coming to keep him in post.

Just seen Dean Henderson save a penalty for Nottingham Forest, a sh1t penalty, but all the same.

Does anyone know what is the legal situation regarding loan deals, if its for example a season long loan, can United cancel it and get him back? I'm sure some at United would want to after the events of this weekend.

The thing is: what a crappy situation for Nottingham Forest if that were to happen after what is looking like a positive start for them, who would they get as good on their budget?

This decision might ultimately be the difference between survival or relegation.
I remember Bacon bringing a number of loanees back ,think it was PNE, when they sacked Bacon the Younger.I know it wasn't the same league ,but it was still a petty,means spirited thing to do and probably had a big impact on Preston.About par for the course for them,so I wouldn't put it past them ,if they can get away with it.

It is, because he’s not getting himself out - classic narcissist, not recognising that they themselves are the problem
To be fair that’s always going to be a tough ask for a narcissist

“It appears that I am the complete centre of attention and that isn’t helping. I’ll get out of everybody’s way for their benefit”

Not really going to happen is it

Their “player profile” has dropped so far as to include obscure players most people have never heard of, or taking poor players with names that others are willing to offload for decent money.

Varane LOOKS to have “pedigree” so they paid handsomely for him, but he couldn’t start in a back line of Dalot - Maguire - Martinez - Shaw…then came on at 4-0 down to replace Martinez, their latest big money defensive signing?!

Move that analytical point into the midfield and you see exactly the same thing!

Then, you have two England “starlets” and one of the best strikers in world football for a decade upfront and the output was NOTHING!!!

United have serious problems, and are at least half a team away from being a serious challenge to half of the Premier League, let alone the Top 6!

Long may it last!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.