United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
057194-DE-3967-4-EDB-9-C15-127-C9-C47806-B.jpg

On the bench.
At Dortmund

I wonder what they would be saying if, for example, the club was still a PLC, with little or no debt, but run the same way? Their problem would be the same as it is now, which is that the people running the club on a day-to-day basis are the problem.

But if they were a PLC and the share price had dropped as dramatically as it has, those people would have been given their marching orders a long time ago.

Of course the owners are a large part of the problem. They've not appointed the right people and simply don't have the right structures in place, as we notably have. They see things too much in commercial terms, so potentially good signings have been missed because "they won't sell shirts" and they've made bad signings (Ronaldo, Maguire, et al) because they will. They've extended the contracts of players they should have let go, because they think they'll get a better fee for them.

They split Gill & Ferguson up as they'd pulled a few fast ones to get what they wanted but they should've kept together for a while longer and planned the managerial succession better.

But they aren't coaching the players or taking training sessions. Avram Glazer isn't making the call on who picks who up at corners or picking the team. They didn't tell McTominay to hoof a simple pass into touch. So they're certainly not the whole problem.
I agree except that you say the Fergie succession wasn't planned. It was, and Fergie was the man to annoint Moyes - his 'chosen one.' It may be that Fergie was all powerful and the big mistake was in letting Fergie make the decion himself instead of having a more independent, futuristic view of what was needed and how the game was progressing, but, they got the man they wanted, then they didn't stick by him near the end of his first season.
Of course, United don't sack managers, but they decided to start that at the wrong time. Had they been patient with Moyes for that one season, who knows what confidence and strength he could have drawn from that support when times were difficult. But, it wasn't forthcoming - and we all know why.
Scum.

The funniest one I know, a Rag mate of mine told me about a City fan who jumped ship in the mid 90’s and became a full blown Rag, eventually organising away trips and being involved in the Ashton Supporters Club. He wasn’t universally liked being an ex Blue, I wonder how he’s felt over the past decade?
Do people actually do that? Is that actually a thing?

Vinny coming back to England and Burnley could be part of that plan.
I see a plan possibly with Gerrard at Villa eventually being manager of Liverpool.
You mean like Ole at the rags. Vinny has to be top drawer before he takes over at City.
No room for sentiment in that role as much as I adore the bloke.

Do people actually do that? Is that actually a thing?
Had family living in Marple so used to go up there quite a lot, mostly rags up there at the time, but used to go with one lad home and away. Bumped into years later and asked him if he still got to games, he replied that he got to see the rags a couple of times a season. Just walked away.
Another bloke I new mad blue, his Grandson was called Asa (after our Asa) saw him at a wedding and said he was now a rag. Unbelievable some people, wouldn't surprise me to see a few jump ship the other way in the next few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.