United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
He probably didn't fancy running 13k after every defeat.
I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. Imagine you had been offered a job with an organisation and then heard about something like that. Tent Peg must think it is still 1975. It's not good man management to humiliate an already demoralised squad. Perhaps he was trying to play to the gallery, in this case the morons in the media. But I think it was a huge own goal. He may have already lost the dressing room. Happy days for City fans.

One brave manure fan came up to me at work today and said fuck we are just awful.

I agreed fully but commended him on his bravery in facing up, the other 5 never talked about it :)

There is no way City will implode after Guardiola leaves in the way that United have since Ferguson left. The reason is simple. We have a robust structure in place which binds together the owner, the management and the football staff which will not be affected at all by Guardiola leaving. Any new manager will have the full support of that structure, within the same guidelines that Guardiola works under.

Where there may be a drop-off is in on-field performance, depending on the effectiveness of the new manager
Because, let's face it Guardiola is the best. So we may be challengers rather than favourites.

But those worrying about some United-like meltdown should relax a little imo.
When you've been at the top like utd have you become a scalp to a lot of the other teams. Brighton and Brentford have enjoyed there victories over utd probably more than they will against anyone else. Same thing could happen to us after Pep leaves.
Pep keeps us competitive and evolving. Prime example was West Ham away last week. We'd drawn there the last two times so Pep devised a way to beat them. The next guy will need to be just as savvy.
We've won the league under our last three managers so I'm not worried. This however could be the most successful period in our history.

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. Imagine you had been offered a job with an organisation and then heard about something like that. Tent Peg must think it is still 1975. It's not good man management to humiliate an already demoralised squad. Perhaps he was trying to play to the gallery, in this case the morons in the media. But I think it was a huge own goal. He may have already lost the dressing room. Happy days for City fans.
He can't just let them get away with it. Stick to his principles and get rid of those not on board.

Don't misunderstand me, I am loving their slow demise but I find myself scratching my head at some of the players lack of performance.

As The Stranglers might say:-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.