United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
That video makes me laugh “he’s coming home!”

What? To the club he couldn’t wait to leave first time when Real Madrid were sniffing around. And the club he’s trying to force his way out of now after a year

I’ve always been under the impression that Ronaldo doesn’t love Man United in the way the fans like to think he does. I think he has massive respect for Ferguson and he was a big part of his life as a young man. But the reality is that he’s never shown any loyalty to Utd, nothing wrong with that if he sees a better opportunity, it’s his career but the fans would have you believe he’s Man Utd to the core. He isn’t.

I bet if you got him alone and he answered honestly, he would say Real Madrid is the team he loves from his career.
Wasn't he treated like a slave last time?

That's a little unfair on ten Hag, I think. He hasn't become a bad coach overnight. Personally, I don't know what he was thinking, going there, but given time and the players he wants, he will be able to get them playing football. Will take a few windows, though. Questions are: will he be allowed a few seasons of mid-table mediocrity, and will he be able to get the players he wants?
I posted earlier about the decision to sign Martinez. ETH must have wanted Martinez - he cost £57 million after all - either he turns into a Baresi type of playmaker out from the back and confounds us all or something like Puyol - or he is a busted flush and totally unsuited to the EPL. The early evidence doesn't look good.

As a token of self-knowledge, Rocky Ray Hudson -- who has a radio show with Rodney Marsh called Grumpy Pundits over here -- said this morning, "Maybe the 'demise' of United is our fault. We in the media have been making a big deal out of them for years because they were once so successful and important. But they are just an average club now, and it's probably going to get worse before it gets better."

Ten years late figuring this out is better than never, Rocky.
The successful bit is obvious, but why important?
Important to who?
Isn't every club important to its fans and everyone that has a connection and attachment to it?
Why were the rags so important even in their successful era?

These arse licking pundits and their self pronounced narratives piss me off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.