United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s just the very best times.
Not only are we seeing our club consistently reaching new heights every season with dazzling displays…………
We also have the dual cheeks from the same arse splitting our sides every weekend.
Which thread do I follow :-)
Fuck em.

Lol. Yes, very excitable

Apologies if I’ve wound you up in some way fella, all I’ve done is question why you want us to sign Dan Ashworth

Thought that was kinda the idea of an open forum no?

I’ll bore off & leave you alone now. Enjoy your evening & apologies once again :)
There was a pair of us in it. :-)
Probably mostly my fault for posting when I should have been working and then not taking time to digest things before responding.
Sorry about that.

I agree that the recruitment team are very good at their jobs at Brighton but of course they are pretty much forced to look at unproven players within a certain budget that will have some future profit when they sell them on. We aren't forced to work under those constraints quite so much. We are generally looking more at established players that can make an instant impact. As such they are somewhat different roles.

In any case, I think our recruitment team have shown themselves excellent at their jobs too.
Very true, i was worried when Cashworth went to Newcastle however in Weir his replacement who worked along side Ashworth it seems a straight transition. Looking at our buys, we are scouting the player up to 2 years before we buy them, yes we are in a smaller pool than you in who we can go for, hopefully with Newcastle having the money they will ve looking at higher end players. We seem to have got the South American market good.

There was a pair of us in it. :-)
Probably mostly my fault for posting when I should have been working and then not taking time to digest things before responding.
Sorry about that.
Easily done mate. Glad we’ve hugged it out ;)

They think it works like American sports where you can have millions of people wearing New York Yankees hats without knowing who the fuck they are. But football doesn't work like that. American sport has a far higher turnover of successful teams, whereas European football has a virtuous circle between investment, success on the pitch and income. Teams that fail to invest drop off the face of the earth.

Anyway, another player has turned them down because they can't match his wage demands. And there's the other issue. When you're shit, even average players like Rabiot demand top wages to come down to your level.
I know where you're coming from f**k the Yankees, I'm a METS fan and I know their history ;-)

fuck have the dippers won the 2022 league (so far) then?
Four points ahead having played a game more, our GD is six better

So all the tweets the other night about the Glazers selling up...

Turns out they're thinking about selling a minority stake haha...

It's almost as if there's a protest they want to stop.

Could make up to 1b if they sell off 30% that’s what they looking at and they’ll say its to upstate the stadium buy new players a load of rhetoric from them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.