United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neville on a new podcast (Diary of a CEO) saying City will never be as big as utd. Don't have the history apparently.

To be fair to him (and not saying I agree with him fully) he speaks well on other stuff to do with politics, mental health, the media in this country etc.

Bit confused, did he mention which period of history ? can’t be the last ten years, as we’ve bossed that period

And in another ten years, when we’ve been top dog for 20 years, and United haven’t won a cup to piss in, can he then admit that we’re a bigger(more successful) club ?

Bit confused, did he mention which period of history ? can’t be the last ten years, as we’ve bossed that period

And in another ten years, when we’ve been top dog for 20 years, and United haven’t won a cup to piss in, can he then admit that we’re a bigger(more successful) club ?
History as defined by a 30 year period … same as it ever was …

EACu-_omKIPsrp49L1CyPyExFrdcQJKUob2S5jz3V1g.jpg

NegativeVagueAzurevase-max-1mb.gif

C_71_article_1420898_long_teaser_group_long_teaser_image.jpg

_121168571_thescoreboardatoldtraffordshowingmanutd1-6mancityinoctober2011.jpg

FygN.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

LastingOpulentDuckling-max-1mb.gif

giphy.gif

5a392b22d915b2786f000001.gif

joneshead-300x217.jpg

images

Cristiano-Ronaldo-Graeme-Souness-F365.jpg

giphy.gif

Harry_Maguire_Manchester_United_Brighton_Premier_League_2022-23.jpg

58143181-0-image-a-57_1653243891860.jpg

2_GettyImages-1340982388.jpg

E1HobONXoA05VKE.jpg

ErFHT0zXYAMvHIf.jpg

MV5BMmY4MGUwOTAtYzdiOC00NjFkLWEzNTMtMmFiOTZiYTkxYmI5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUyNDk2ODc@._V1_.jpg

Got told I was a 'Bitter Bertie' last night. A colleague of a friend of mine was waxing lyrical about the old days:"Football's not the same anymore." "It's changed so much I don't recognise the game anymore." The usual self-pitying bleating that these no-marks are famous for.
I said: "No. It's still fundamentally the same game, it's just that you rags can longer outbid EVERY club in the Prem to get what you want. You can longer have referees and other officials ask 'how high?' when you tell them to jump. You can no longer rely so much on people like Howard Webb and Mark Clattenburg to get you over the line when you need a win."
And his response was, "No wonder people call you Bitter Berties."

I was hoping I would be able to have a serious conversation with the man about football. Prem league, Championship, World Cup etc, anything to do with football, but I would have had a more intellectually fulfilling conversation with a bus stop than this cretin.
I'd disagree with your point that united no longer have officials in their pocket... they still get plenty of blatantly favourable decisions and lenient treatment, the difference is these days all it really does is help them avoid complete humiliation rather than help them to gain an undeserved win.

I was discussing united elsewhere (where I too am also referred to as a "Bitter Bertie") one of the united fans there actually didn't dispute my assertion that united get favourable treatment from the officials... but he claimed united were somehow entitled to it and it was a sign of the respect and admiration that these officials held for the proud and honorable institution that is Manchester United Football Club.

Honestly the delusion, entitlement and arrogance of these people is off the scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.