United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
For Monday evening I have bought myself a packet of Cornish Clotted Cream Fudge and a large bar of Galaxy for during the ‘game’!
Then a lovely mug of Horlicks to take to bed with me!! ;-)
You know Mrs EB those will be gone by weekend and you’ll have to replenish for Monday, a bit like Adrian Mole, 13 and 3 quarters:

“7am, boarded the coach”

“7:05, ate packed lunch”

We’ve all done it!

So i pop on to this site occasionally and found this thread funny as f#@k, however i have had tears in my eyes when i read the posts of @crazyg @Grassland Blue and @Stiff Little Wingers and what they are going through. Can i just wish all 3 of them, and anyone else who is suffering with anything the very best wishes to them all on behalf of not only myself but all BHAFC fans.
Hopefully these messages from real football fans give u some relief from what your going through.

So i pop on to this site occasionally and found this thread funny as f#@k, however i have had tears in my eyes when i read the posts of @crazyg @Grassland Blue and @Stiff Little Wingers and what they are going through. Can i just wish all 3 of them, and anyone else who is suffering with anything the very best wishes to them all on behalf of not only myself but all BHAFC fans.
Hopefully these messages from real football fans give u some relief from what your going through.
Can I thank you on behalf of the majority of Football fans on here for a very dignified post? I’ve defended Tony Bloom on here, your club has been through dark times like ours and come out shining, fair play to you fella, great post, I’m sure the recipients of your salutation’s will appreciate your comments.

How are they not getting any better at this stuff? Running around in the last couple weeks and spending £60m+ on a player who’s 30 who no doubt after a few weeks will just be another problem.

It’s baffling but also great.

Brazilian mercenary leaving the biggest club in the world to join a club outside of the Champions League seems familiar.

Not sure it’s Ratcliffe behind it, seems like Arab money pending. Casemiro won’t be walking away from more potential success at Real just to line his pockets next to McTurd. Dubai perhaps?

Rags also have a period of 3-4 years now where they have to perform. They have far too many players in their prime about to reach the end of their careers at the top level. Most of their senior players are approaching or are 30. They will need a huge outlay to replace these guys (who are already shit).
Adding and spending 70 million on another 30 year old isn't smart business at all. In 3-4 seasons they are looking at replacing Casemiro, De Gea, Ronaldo (this is probably next season), Varane, Maguire (hopefully not), Fred. Bruno will be 31-32 as well.
Compared to what we have at City most of our spine is young and we have focused on that since the past few years. Haaland, Grealish, Dias, Rodri, Grealish, Foden, Alvarez and Phillips.

They have so many issues, but there fans are the main one. They want instant success as that is what they got used to.

This has now passed, it is a hard uphill climb but with the demand the owners try any short cut and when they don’t work you end up back at the start.

For the record I believe under the right manager possibly Ten Hag Sancho could become very good and the money they have they should for me be buying similar profile players.

Buying Varne, Ronaldo, Casiemo etc. never going to work.

They spend the most amount of money, so buy the quality youth from clubs that are happy to develop and sell for large transfer fees and leave buying the players from elite clubs that they no longer want.

Fair play to the pisscan, he's done a far better job on them than I could do. He's wrecked that club and I can't see them challenging us for 10 years - at least.

It is quite interesting to read Red Cafe (I do it now and again for a laugh) seven, eight years ago they would not hear a bad word about Ferguson, but slowly things are beginning to change.

Recently there was about a ten page thread on his mistakes, some when he was manager and some made since he moved upstairs. There is another one today. Somebody hoped he might speak out finally against the Glazer owners in the hope it might smooth through some take-over or partial take-over from this Ratner guy. Ha Ha, there is no chance of that and most people have told him so. But there is quite an argument in progress and I reckon its probably on age grounds: I bet its people 50+ who remember the good times, who are still sticking up for the old geezer, whilst the younger red cafe members are starting to flag up a few things: SAF and the Glazers, the race horse, Moyes (and the crap squad he left him), the money he still gets (and the office and the parking space) and most entertainingly Ronaldo. It is Ronaldo that has caused all their recent problems - they did ok on their pre-season tour winning the prestigious Bangcock Trophy in Thailand, but then when CR7 turned up, it all went to sh1t. Ferguson is responsible for this, he got Ronaldo back and now they are stuck with him on on £338k a week causing all sorts of problems on and off the pitch.

God knows what this triumvirate of him/Robson and Gill is supposed to be doing - possibly the consultancy work that Wreck-it Ralf was going to do, I don't know - but I bet Tent Peg loves it when they call him in for a session with the 'think tank', oh to be a fly on the wall at that!

I can't wait for Monday night. Sky cameras will zoom in on him after every Liverpool goal - so I hope 7 or 8 times. You would think he would watch from a box, somewhere more discreet, but he is addicted to the limelight. He probably thinks that as the club continues to fall away it somehow makes him look even better, but no, people are beginning to realise over there, what we already know over here - he's caused it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.