United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
a rag season ticket holder i know says the glazers have approved a £200m spend before the window ends?
That’s all well and good, but with them it’s never been about the money. Even with all this talk about getting even more money from selling tv rights, it’s a question of “so what?”.
Throughout the Glazer time they’ve had plenty of money to spend on players. I’m not sure money alone is the answer they seem to think it is.

sorry if already posted, I couldn't see it, but worth putting up again anyway:

This is a poem, penned by Ryan Giggs, as read out in court yesterday:

My darling Kate
Unequivocally our love was fate
I fell in love with you at first sight
I remember coz I was as high as a kite
Those beautiful eyes made me shiver
I’m not gonna lie I think of you I dream of you
Can’t help thinking pulling you was my greatest ever coo
That stomach those abs
Those pictures you send so I can keep tabs
You make me feel funny down there
Especially when you’re there and you look up and stare
I’m beginning to think you are always right
That’s okay it will keep us tight
I’m gonna end by saying you are my love my friend my soul
And most of all you believe in me, which makes me hard as a totem pole
Is that the actual transcript?

I'm no poet but come on.......

When a transfer happens as quickly as this it always raises concerns. There is a reason Madrid allowed him to go. Not saying he isnt a good player but Madrid see something that makes them happy to release him.
They saw 70m somethings…

I’m still trying to work out…70m… for a 30 year old… and another 70m for doubling his wages… it’s insane… for a 30 year old!

It’s £60m plus add on’s of £10m, I’m intrigued. Do the add on’s equate to any of the following?:

He doesn’t get arrested in Greece
He doesn’t shag his wife’s sister
He doesn’t get stopped for speeding because he needed a shit
He doesn’t kung fu kick a spectator

If the add on’s are for winning a trophy we may as well say the fee is a straight £60m.

If the rags get Cashmoro then I think it is fair to say they have had a better transfer window than us.
Our problem was we just dived in and signed the first forward we saw.
The rags have taken their time, weighed up the market, discussed at length the pros and cons of how he will fit in with the system Ten Bob wants. Forward planning is everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.